isspro or autometer?

im lookin at the z-series autometer and the all black isspro with red pointers. Which brand do you guys prefer? the prices on the isspro's are cheaper...but tell me what you think

I like the look of the ISSPRO gauges better. Seems to be closer to factory than the autometer. I have them in my truck and they look great.

I used to have Autometer boost and egt and never had any trouble with them. I like the brand. I have never had ISSPRO so I can't comment on them.

I have autometer fuel pressure, egt, boost, and trans temp z-series gauges, never had any problems. I just ordered water temp gauge, should be here in a day or so. No complaints what so ever. I know a friend of mine bought Stewart Warner gauges and the egt works when it wants to and has done it since new.

Tough choice. I like the look of Isspros since they match the interior almost perfectly BUT I have had and I have read many posts about problems with Isspro gauges.
I have gone through 3 complete Isspro Transmission Temp gauges plus an additional amp box, and an EGT gauge that for some reason started shorting out when the backlights came on.
Isspro stood behing two of the three bad transmission gauges and the amp box, but I still paid for two transmission gauges and two EGT gauges.
I have had no problems with my Autometer Fuel Pressure gauge other than it doesn't match LOL

Ive got Autometers. I like em alot. You should get some Autometer Cobalts Ryan. The lighting wont match, but they look AWESOME!

Theyre both a good quality product. I think it pretty much just boils down to which one you think looks better. Ive got the Autometer Phantom IIs in my truck and i really like em. Visibilty is awesome with the LED backlight.

Isspro has a product developer that is a member here and comes out and goes racing with us when he gets a chance , the cool thing is Micheal understands what diesels need.

I have used and sold them both. Both great quality, both easy install.
Really comes down to what you like.

I have the normal Phantoms, but I put blue LEDs in em, and I have to agree with teddybear, once you step up to LEDs, the visibility is awesome!

wideopen said:
Isspro has a product developer that is a member here and comes out and goes racing with us when he gets a chance , the cool thing is Micheal understands what diesels need.

I agree, Michael is a great asset to this forum and to diesels in general. He helped me a ton when I was having transmission temp gauge issues and he is the only reason I would still buy Isspro gauges

z-series here, not ONE problem w/ mine

PAINTED-2-MATCH-3GUAGE-POD.jpg

ISSPRO vs Autometer

View attachment 4312

I would agree with both Snedge and teddybear, it would really come down to personal preference. We sell autometer gauges and have had very few complains about quality. Of course, once in awhile a customer gets a defective gauge but autometer has always been good about replacing them.
Dave
BlackCloudDiesel

Last edited:
we have the autometer carbon fiber series but i love the cobalts, they are awesome!

Might want to look at the DiPricol / Optix series of gauges.... they have a Ford Dash match that will soon have a matching HPOP gauge.

The HPOP gauge is the number one tuning need for the stroke owner (IMO) and I know how everybody likes things to match.

Need more info, pm me.

I have the Autometer Utra-Lites II and like them. No problems and I like the look with the grey A-pillars on my truck.

JacktheBear3 said:
Might want to look at the DiPricol / Optix series of gauges.... they have a Ford Dash match that will soon have a matching HPOP gauge.

The HPOP gauge is the number one tuning need for the stroke owner (IMO) and I know how everybody likes things to match.

Need more info, pm me.

Really???(on HPOP gauge)

juiced305diesel said:
Really???(on HPOP gauge)

Yes.... I just got my first batch of them in. We have alot of them pre-sold and will have 4-5 of them left for inventory.

The gauge will read 0-4K PSI, has a black face and Green LED Illumination, it is also a standard 2 1/16" gauge. It is sold as a kit, comes complete with all wiring needed to install.

SmokinStroke09 said:
im lookin at the z-series autometer and the all black isspro with red pointers. Which brand do you guys prefer? the prices on the isspro's are cheaper...but tell me what you think

I don't want to throw a wrench in the discussion but have you looked at DiPricol's Optix Series Guages? I have a pillar mount EGT that matches my factory guages almost 100%. Might be worth a look.

The ISSPRO gauges Nummit had issues with were part of some bad batches we had received from our contract manufacturer. Our new line is about to launch (out for Beta testing right now), and it of course includes an HPOP gauge (and is now made in-house, no more contract manufacturing). Ours even reacts quickly enough to be of use!

Regards,
Michael Pliska