Isspro Pacific Coast Diesel Nationals, Portland OR, Aug 20

Where exactly is the resurfacing of concrete in the winter, it is smooth as silk. When you come through the door, thank you for the car they have, and even some high-tech guy, this seems to be a hole in the past now seems a good behavior...
:pop:

Looks like the post was deleted, but was possibly questioning my description of Woodburn. I've heard from some people that dealt with Jim when he was there (he still hangs out there, and still acts like he owns it at times), but every dealing I had with the rest of the people has been very positive. They were all looking a bit stressed this weekend when they had some incidents (nostalgia nitro car ran over two crew members, and a guy was burned in his trailer when he was trying to weld up the split fuel tank from the jet car), but they seemed to handle it all professionally. There is a youtube video of the nostalgia car incident, and you can see two of the owners run up to help but remaining calm.

Looks like the post was deleted, but was possibly questioning my description of Woodburn. I've heard from some people that dealt with Jim when he was there (he still hangs out there, and still acts like he owns it at times), but every dealing I had with the rest of the people has been very positive. They were all looking a bit stressed this weekend when they had some incidents (nostalgia nitro car ran over two crew members, and a guy was burned in his trailer when he was trying to weld up the split fuel tank from the jet car), but they seemed to handle it all professionally. There is a youtube video of the nostalgia car incident, and you can see two of the owners run up to help but remaining calm.

I know the guys that were run over on has a broken leg and the other was still in oregon hospital.

Hope the Funny Car guys are doing better!

Just another bump for the event. We've been having meetings at work to plan this, it should be a heck of a good event. I just hope we get a higher percentage of trucks from the parking lot onto the race track, compared to last year. We had a TON of trucks in the parking lot, only 5% of them would have made for huge classes on the track.

I told everyone that i know with a truck to come and race, but i think they're gonna end up stayin in the parking lot. Sigh....

Should be a great time regardless though!

We've got a forecast for gorgeous weather for this event, it should be a great time! I can taste the BBQ already!

Ill be coming over should have plenty of practice nightfire is the week before this race.

I flew over Firebird on my way in from Edmonton, place looked packed. You will need the practice Moose, have you even been to an event this year? Jim Calhoun is suffering from the red light blues. Went .1 something red in Edmonton. I did too in Randy's monster so I can't say much.:lolly:

Jim, the BBQ will be at the track, near the base of the tower. We'll probably have my big trailer there, with the BBQ at one end and the ISSPRO booth at the other. Crap, that means I should probably wash my trailer and truck this week... Still hoping to have time to swap converters in the truck, so I know if the new one affects reaction times. I want to have the billet converter in before I tow my whole mess to Boise for the ET finals, after which I'll be heading to Topeka.

BTW - if anyone needs to practice, the track is open Friday nights for test & tune. IIRC gates open at 6:00 and they run until midnight or so, as long as you meet noise limits (louder cars can only run until 10:00).

I saw Ryan's name in the late rounds at Nightfire, so he should be all practiced up! If anyone is a real glutton for punishment, Bremerton (about 3 hrs North of here) has a Sunday race that pays $1k to win both Sportsman & Pro, for a $60 entry fee. If I can wake up early enough on Sunday I'll head up for that event.

Did you just call me Jim? Have half a notion to boycott the event.:lolly: Must have been the refresh my memory comment, Jim has a great memory it's just real short.

Im all ready for this race no light worse than a .088 at nightfire and I made it to redding and spokane just not billings glad I didn't go from the sounds of it.

Did you just call me Jim? Have half a notion to boycott the event.:lolly: Must have been the refresh my memory comment, Jim has a great memory it's just real short.

Oops, sorry! At least I didn't call you Ione/Howard!

Yup, starting at 3:00 when the gates open. Last year we ran out of food just as qualifying started (although I'm pretty sure everyone that wanted food got at least one serving). It's my strategy to get everyone else stuffed so their reaction times slow down ;)

Location – Portland International Raceway
Address to track - 1940 North Victory Boulevard, Portland OR 97217

Saturday – August 20th 2011
NHRDA Diesel Drag Racing
Show n Shine
Dyno Competition

Event schedule - (note scheduled times may vary)
3:00 pm Gates opens
3:00 – 6:00pm Show n Shine, Dyno Competition, ISSPRO Barbeque
6:00 pm Drag racing qualifying
8:00 pm till finish Drag racing eliminations

Diesel Alley will have the following vendors so stop by and check out the latest and greatest in Diesel Performance
ISSPRO
MBRP Performance Exhaust
AirAid
Bully Dog
Diesel Power Products
Flex A Lite
Diablosport

Also Diesel World Magazine will be on hand to cover the event:cheer:

Was a good time, think it was the hottest day in Oregon so far this year. Mid 90's at the start. BBQ was great, thanks to the ISSPRO crowd. Dirty Max was there and doing it thing as was the Bully Dog truck. IIRC they were the only two trucks in Prostock and Prostreet respectively. Mark Venting won Superstreet, Verlon Southwick won Superdiesel and Nathan Black won Sportsman.

I would like to thank everyone at the event we had some issues and couldn't make the race with truck but people were ready to let me use their trucks to race. Im thankful to call you guys family.

Back