isspro trans gauge...

jamesl

elbows deep
i have a fairly new isspro transmission gauge and for the last week it has started acting sporadicly. it acts normal until an oncoming vehicle passes you at about 70mph. when the vehicle passes you it sweeps up another 100+ deg and goes back down to where it was before. its almost like the air from the oncoming vehicles is screwing with the sensor. I have the sensor in the hot line of the trans that dieselmanor sells and it has worked flawlessly till now. i have checked all the connections and all seem to be good, for the life of me i cant figure this one out?

must be a bad week for isspro gauges, my oil pressure gauge is flipping out also. goes from 40 psi at 75mph to 0 to 100 and back to 40 randomly. all connections seem good. gauge is only 3 months old. post up any info you get if you can. i understand customer service from them is great. pain in the a** if i need to send it back though.

jamesl said:
i have a fairly new isspro transmission gauge and for the last week it has started acting sporadicly. it acts normal until an oncoming vehicle passes you at about 70mph. when the vehicle passes you it sweeps up another 100+ deg and goes back down to where it was before. its almost like the air from the oncoming vehicles is screwing with the sensor. I have the sensor in the hot line of the trans that dieselmanor sells and it has worked flawlessly till now. i have checked all the connections and all seem to be good, for the life of me i cant figure this one out?

I have been having the exact same issue for over two years! Isspro has tried to take care of me by sending me a complete new gauge but the problem was not cured, so Michael sent me a new amp box to try. Still no fix! I finally bought another new gauge last month and it has been fine since.
I'm glad Isspro and Michael helped me out, but IMO two complete replacement gauges and an additional amp box over and above the initial gauge I purchased is maybe a bit excessive.
The new gauge is great so I'm happy.

Get intouch with Michael, he may be able to help

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/member.php?u=191

nummit said:
I have been having the exact same issue for over two years! Isspro has tried to take care of me by sending me a complete new gauge but the problem was not cured, so Michael sent me a new amp box to try. Still no fix! I finally bought another new gauge last month and it has been fine since.
I'm glad Isspro and Michael helped me out, but IMO two complete replacement gauges and an additional amp box over and above the initial gauge I purchased is maybe a bit excessive.
The new gauge is great so I'm happy.

Get intouch with Michael, he may be able to help

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/member.php?u=191

thanks, i just sent him a message...

James,
I am sorry to hear you are having problems.

Have you also checked the connections into the Amp box? Those terminals can come loose. Given your description, it sounds more like it would be in the wiring exposed to the outside, namely the wires going to the temp sensor, or perhaps the ground wire for the whole unit? Let me know what you find. If those items check out then it is likely an amplifier box, and we will arrange a replacement. The replacement would come directly from ISSPRO, but you would need to contact the dealer to initiate the paperwork (our returns department gets mad at me if I bring in stuff without going through the dealer). Please keep me in the loop.

Thanks and regards,
Michael Pliska, who is soooo looking forward to the new line without amplifier boxes...

Michael said:
James,
I am sorry to hear you are having problems.

Have you also checked the connections into the Amp box? Those terminals can come loose. Given your description, it sounds more like it would be in the wiring exposed to the outside, namely the wires going to the temp sensor, or perhaps the ground wire for the whole unit? Let me know what you find. If those items check out then it is likely an amplifier box, and we will arrange a replacement. The replacement would come directly from ISSPRO, but you would need to contact the dealer to initiate the paperwork (our returns department gets mad at me if I bring in stuff without going through the dealer). Please keep me in the loop.

Thanks and regards,
Michael Pliska, who is soooo looking forward to the new line without amplifier boxes...

ok, ill check again but i couldnt find any bare spots anywhere in the wires. it just seemed kind of wierd that it only goes crazy when an oncoming car passes...

on another note, i remember talking to you about a new line of gauges from isspro coming out, is this the gauges you speak of with no amplifier boxes?

:thankyou2:

jamesl said:

I tried the two other major gauge mfg. as well and experienced the same problems w/ sporadic operations and accuracies issues…. I finally tried out Stewart Warner (my kid got a deal through NAPA)
I love them !!!! And they're durable, accurate and look cool w/ the mount pods...yeeehawwwwww.....

It could be the connector having some crud in it (possibly not even visible to the eye). I'll usually take a really small jewelers screwdriver and lightly scrape both ends (pins & sockets) of the connector to make sure they're clean. Another trick is to clean them then add some dielectric grease to help seal the crud out.

Yup, the new line is it. It's been delayed a few times for a variety of reasons, but they are building Alpha prototypes in the lab as I type this!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back