issues with new truck

andyb3500

95 12 valve
mysterious pop from front end only as body rolls or twists. unhooked sway bar thinking it was a bushing it wasnt tht it just made it worse could it be a control arm bushing or a track bar. also what is the life expectancy for a dana 70 rear. The truck is a 2001 2500 4x4 ex cab short bed. its all stock except for a leveling kit and 35s and a fass.

sounds like it could be the trac-bar, get a lukes link to fix it also check the control arms for excessive play, they can be replace with poly bushings to.

I had a banging sound and it was my tie rods. The adjusting sleeves were so shot I could spin them with my finger and it was popping every time I turned. My trackbar was shot on the pitman arm end too but that wasn't making any noise.

Trac bar on pitman arm side as well as the bushing crawl underneath and get someone to turn wheel side to side and watch for any play

I was told by quad4X4 that D70's usually need pinion bearings by 125k. Not that it would explain this.

i have yet to address the pop sound i found out the life of a d70 the hard wat 119798 was all is took the truck to destroy th rearend so a disc d80 on the way sunday. the trackbar is worn i know for sure th steering has play everything is tight except for th bar. what would be the better way to go 3rd gen swap or thuren fab, solid steel etc. which option would be better. also it has brand new wheel bearings. im in the process of rebuilding the front end balljoints and all.