It Hits Close to Home For Me...

Pangela

Not here.
One of my best friends is in the Marine Corps. She's like a little sister to me, and she's only 20. She's at Ft Leonardwood MO right now finishing up her Military Police training. She'll be stationed out to Camp Hansen in Okinawa at the end of this month and possibly deploying to Iraq from there.

Another one of my good friends is in the Army. Funny thing is, he's also at Ft Leonardwood MO right now, ALSO doing MP training. He'll be done the end of July and sent to Washington state for some additional training... something about jumping out of perfectly good airplanes :|

I can't express my heartfelt gratitude to these two and the many more of you out there, who make it possible for me to sleep with freedom in my own bed at night.

God Speed and Come Home Soon.

My sister is in the NAVY aboard the U.S.S. Nimitz as we speak. They left in April and are in the vicinity of India at the moment for a little break. She said it (India) was real dirty. BTW, she is a LCDR (Lieutenant Commander) in the Intel department.

I myself am in the Marine Corps, i am an M1a1 Tank crewman, I have done 4 years in with 3 tours of Iraq, im leaving for my fourth tour in march '08 so i will let you know what my address is so maybe yall can send me pics of trucks and stuff

I'm in the Air Force and have been lucky to only deploy once in 6 1/2 yrs. I'm not anxious to go back but when duty calls, you gotta go.

Lilbit said:
I'm in the Air Force and have been lucky to only deploy once in 6 1/2 yrs. I'm not anxious to go back but when duty calls, you gotta go.

What do you do in the Air Force? I thought about joining. As a nurse, I can go in pretty good... but I'm old now lol and settled in my job, so I guess I'll stay where I'm at.

I did 8 years in Okinawa, so they will love it, Camp Hansen is a bit secluded compared to the other bases on the island, but it is only a 30 mile drive to all of the bases.

To all the military folks on this site, Thank You for all you do, I did it for 21 years, and it went by fast, Keep your head down, and get home safe!

I did 8 years in Okinawa, so they will love it, Camp Hansen is a bit secluded compared to the other bases on the island, but it is only a 30 mile drive to all of the bases.

To all the military folks on this site, Thank You for all you do, I did it for 21 years, and it went by fast, Keep your head down, and get home safe!

Not too sure...Hansen and Schwab are the armpit of Oki....or maybe it was just 7th Crime BN....lol:kick:

Back