ITPA Fall meeting Nov. 8th

HorsinAround

Pulling newbie
Just wanted to let everyone know ITPA is hosting their fall meeting and dinner Sunday Nov. 8th.
There will be class breakout sessions for rules discussions, but since this is not a rules year, it will take a unanimous vote to change any rules.

Also with the promised sponsorships, the 2.6 class should have several more hooks in 2010 and have the same payout as the other classes.

Alan Page
2009 ITPA Vice President

Re Open Drive line class

A few questions come to mind. 1. Is there enough trucks out there to offer an open driveline class, 2. Could enough sponsorship be added to sustain another class, 3. Would promoters be willing to pay for another class.

Alan

What classes do you run now? Surely there are a few here in Indiana. Got IL and OH next door as well. Look for my truck to do most of its pulling in Indiana next year. I've already been warned there aren't any open driveline classes and to plan on going to OH every weekend. I would like to see a few pulls appear in IN that allow them.

Re Classes

What classes do you run now? Surely there are a few here in Indiana. Got IL and OH next door as well. Look for my truck to do most of its pulling in Indiana next year. I've already been warned there aren't any open driveline classes and to plan on going to OH every weekend. I would like to see a few pulls appear in IN that allow them.

We have a 2.8 and a 2.6 diesel class currently. The 2.8 class has really grown and I don't think the 2.6 class is far behind. I know there is driveline breakage in the class, but I sure would hate to see them change the rules to the point that they can't go anywhere else and run. I really think that is where many of the gas classes screwed up. Organizations setup rules to keep trucks out the would come in and compete with them and in the process made it so their trucks can't compete in other organizations.

AP

Everyone is tore between the 2. Many guys in the 2.8 are building super street type power and staying down in the oem driveline and busting them. At some point those guys are going to have to de tune or open the driveline up. If you have enough open driveline trucks. Make it a 3.0 compressor wheel turbo class. Those 2.8 trucks will run just fine there. But if you don't have the open drive line trucks. No need to piss off the 2.8 guys. I know you lost a 2.8 guy that has move on to an open driveline and add another one (myself) for next year. So its something to look at I guess. How many 2.8 trucks do you have?

Who's moving up? From what I'm hearing, the 2.8 class is going to have an interesting meeting.

IMO the ITPA 2.8 class is one of the strongest running classes in the nation. But that came with a price! Ive talked to alot of those pullers and they can barely keep a driveline under them! I would not be suprized at all if that class turned into a 3.0 open driveline class next year. Even though its a bit more up front to turn it into that caliber of truck, its going to save them a ton of time, energy and money during the pulling season!!!

I think its the next step for all those guys in the 2.8 class. I dont see were they can compete elsewere? There is an open drive 3.0 Class in IL and all the big shows in Indiana (Scheids, Nationals, Thunder, even TS) have 3.0 open. After the local ITPA pulls and the big shows, were are they gonna have time to pull anywere else?

House if you go to the meeting p.m me the changes, we would like to make it over your way more often next year.

IMO the ITPA 2.8 class is one of the strongest running classes in the nation. But that came with a price! Ive talked to alot of those pullers and they can barely keep a driveline under them! I would not be suprized at all if that class turned into a 3.0 open driveline class next year. Even though its a bit more up front to turn it into that caliber of truck, its going to save them a ton of time, energy and money during the pulling season!!!

I think its the next step for all those guys in the 2.8 class. I dont see were they can compete elsewere? There is an open drive 3.0 Class in IL and all the big shows in Indiana (Scheids, Nationals, Thunder, even TS) have 3.0 open. After the local ITPA pulls and the big shows, were are they gonna have time to pull anywere else?

NADM, open classes. Plenty of places. If you have your "points" organization that really all that matters. The rest are just fun at a brush pull. Most MO pulls I did this year were by myself just to pull cause I had no class. Just good fun and experience behind the wheel.

Would there be any interest in letting open driveline trucks run with the 2.8 guys if:

2.8 Guys run there current rules at there current weight of 8000.

Open driveline guys must bush down there chargers to 2.8 and run at 7500

Sound like a fair compromise?

Would there be any interest in letting open driveline trucks run with the 2.8 guys if:

I'd do it and at 7600

Re moving up

House,

Are you going to put another brand of motor in then? Just curious cuz I haven't seen a powerstroke yet that could compete in our 2.6 or 2.8 classes. (no I'm not trying to be a smarty, just making an observation from watching them over the last few years)

AP

Re

Someone would need to bring that up at the meeting to see if they'd go for it. I honestly can't answer that one because that call is up to the class.

whole new truck Allan, and yes not a powerstroke.... I do fell my combo i ran this year with a 2.6 cover would do good in the 2.6 class ITPA has

Back