Its time for a change!

blacknd

Can't buy it? Build it!
Well I toasted my powerstroke today:rockwoot:to much propane=bad things:bang so I have no excuse for not droppin in my 24v and zf6 spd. When I called my brother to tell him the good news he informed me that he just sealed the deal on a 06 cr for his 98 ram,sooo it kooks like we will both be busy swappin out this summer. Now I have to find the time to do my 4 door bronco conversion to my truck! Anybody have some spare time layin around? I should of never converted my truck to a powerstroke in the first place !*bdh*:doh: what a waste of time and money, oh well at least I have a sweet ancor for my boat!When Its done I will have one sweet twin turbod 24v four door bronco though. I will start posting pics right away so you all will have somthin to stare at.

Last edited:
I would love to put a cr in it, but I picked up a low mi 24v with a bad injecter for $800. Then I picked up a ZF 6 speed for $225. I know for shear power and simplicity the P pump is the way to go, but I want the ability to change my tunes and have good drive ability with the man trans, and would love to have the cr for $800 . I can't complain. I will wait till I can build a 6.7 before I do any major drive train mods again.I haven't decided on which ones but I will be runin twins.I will be doing my 4 door bronco conversion to the truck during the motor swap, while I'm waiting for parts ect.

Check the classifieds. Some one has an adapter on here for the cummins to zf if you don't have one already.

Scott at Destroked is hookin me up.Super nice guy! I saw the ad and its for a fordcummins adapter...and I don't hate myself or my truck enough to use their parts on it. Thanks for the help though!

What do you mean you shouldn't have put a PSD in it to begin with, what was in it originally?

I'm basicly cutting my truck in half at the very back of the cab and replace with the rear half same body style Bronco=4 door one ton diesel bronco plus I will be using my old rear frame and bed section and make a matching dump trailer. They used to be made by Centurian and some other company...they would take a long bed std cab pu and a bronco,sawsall,lots of bondo and a dark shop and end with these things. They usually have evey bolt on possible and super ugly paint jobs, but look pretty decent cleaned up and some lift under them.Plus my wheel base will be shorter so I will be able to park the friggin thing! Go to fourdoorbronco.com.I will be posting pics here in a few days!!!!

pics and updates

I know I said that I would posts some pics of my project but my mom had a stroke last week and I had a case of food poisoning to make things worse.I will get pics and updates here in the next few days. Thanks.

Scott at Destroked is hookin me up.Super nice guy! I saw the ad and its for a fordcummins adapter...and I don't hate myself or my truck enough to use their parts on it. Thanks for the help though!

Agreed on the adapter (mine is Destroked), but fordcummins has nice engine mounts as well as a a/c compressor manifold that allows you to reuse the Dodge a/c compressor, you just have to get your stock hoses attached to the manifold.

I ended up building mine, and I am much happier with them. The pass. side uses a factory 24V mount, the drivers side uses a factory 12V motor mount.They still allow me to use the mechanical fan.
IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg