JB's Canadian Diesel Nationals, Aug 13th 2011

Those pesky licenses lol. I'd have liked to see him try and back it up on his last run but that would have dq'd him.

Why would he have been dq'd if he ran a 9.9X or 10.0X on his last pass of the day? :confused: If that is the case, he should have been dq'd after the first 9.99.

I know you need a license to run under 10.00, but if it was his last pass for the day in the final, who cares.

If you watch the video, you can see Dmitri and Ron left at the same time....watch the nose of each truck. Then Dmitri pulls ahead. If Dmitri really did leave almost 2 tenths earlier, there's no way the video would look like it does. You'd see Dmitri's truck jump visibly earlier.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbnskj3xq28"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbnskj3xq28[/ame]

Why would he have been dq'd if he ran a 9.9X or 10.0X on his last pass of the day? :confused: If that is the case, he should have been dq'd after the first 9.99.

I know you need a license to run under 10.00, but if it was his last pass for the day in the final, who cares.

If you're DQ'd on the last pass, you give up the win...

ANyhow, congrats on all the other performances too....it's clear those Canadians know how to prep a track!! Good to see the Bullydog truck in the 9s, and so many SS trucks in the 10s.

LOL I'm not saying he would have either....I just know he already got warned once in Sacramento when he trapped 139mph.

Now I know I Dimitri's truck is so fast!!

Wade takes credit for it!! LOL

Demitri has been working his butt off and we have tried a lot of different things to get him where he is, we finally found a Valve train/camshaft set up that works!

Wait untill you see the new truck of his AND the new engine we have brewing ....

lol if wade was such good buddies with him you would he could spell his name right

I know that...So you are saying Randy would have dq'd him? I don't know for a fact that he would have.

Track Manager would have. He personally came to Dimitri on the return road to give him the warning. Castrol raceway doesn't let that sort of thing slide, they are a very professional outfit.

wish i could of made this event, sounds like it was much better than the calgary race

owell hopefully next year ill be up there in a super street truck competing

Track Manager would have. He personally came to Dimitri on the return road to give him the warning. Castrol raceway doesn't let that sort of thing slide, they are a very professional outfit.

I'm almost certain the track manager would have liked to see him back it up as well, but those insurance companies have a way of manipulating fun.

The Pro Tree classes Michael. There was only 2 passes in the Pro Tree classes on 1320go that had R/T's less than .200 and they were a .175 and a .188!!:nail: It is like I said in a previous thread...everybody is focused on running "record" times as opposed to actually drag racing :poke:

If I decide to go to TOPEKA it looks like most people will be spotting me at least 2 tenths!!:kick:

If you run SS and expect to win the quick trucks will have to spot you closer to 2 second than 2/10's.:poke:

Drever blew up a flex plate and hurt his engine. He was quite disappointed. I was there for Dmitri's run, he definately did not smoke the lights. The camera angle in that video is misleading. The smoke was behind the sensors quite well, and there was absolutely no wind to move the smoke. So really if he would have smoked the lights, it more than likely would have been a 6 or 7 second run. And trust me on this, I have done it before.

It was a great day of racing and fellowship! Met some really great people, and continued other great friendships. I wish I would have been racing the Dodge, but it was also nice to just run some nice consistant 13's and be able to visit more between rounds.

All in all it was a great time and cant wait for next year!

Normally I agree with ya Dockboy, but I have to say the timeslip doesn't add up to smoked lights....it looks legit. If Dmitri really was 20 feet ahead of Ron because he left early, and there was a .3 tenths difference, then that was a 1.84 60ft....and there's NO way that was a 1.84 60ft...looked like about 1.54 to me. ;) Just my .02.

Have to agree with you, I've seen a lot of 9's sec passes in Max'd Out and Dmitri was getting that thing off the line great, and it was hauling ass. Looked good from where I was standing. That is a really good track too.

Back