JB's Canadian Diesel Shootout

Yes they are one in the same.

And I may just have to take you up on the offer to run your gasser down the strip

I don't think you will see the Drever's there, there's a nasty rumor max'd out is goin back to superstreet cause they can't handle prostreet LOL

Rob sent me an email a few days ago. It doesn't sound like he's going to be able to make the trip up this year. I think your right Shawn, I don't expect to see the Drever's there either

Had a meeting with Castrol Raceway today and everything is looking great for next weekend.

One main concern was that last year we had several trucks that had mud and dirt drop from truck when leaving the line. We need to spread the word to all competitors to clean your truck and especially the under carriage. If your truck leaves dirt and mud on the starting line you will be asked to leave the event and get it cleaned before you can go down the track again.

On a brighter note we are getting interviewed Friday morning on Global Tv and their also will be local Tv on Saturday to shoot some highlights for evening news.

Maybe the tech guys should fail them for dirty trucks. I knlow if it was oil dripping off a car or truck you don't pass.

Malcolm

Thats a very good point Malcolm, but if they do miss some mud or dirt in tech they will have to go get cleaned up.

Cant wait till next weekend!!!!!!

My baby boy was born last night 9lbs 8oz's. There's just not enough time to put my truck together for next weekend with helping out my wife who is in pain, however I will be there racing my buddy's ford 6L. It's kinda slow but hopefully enough to stay in for the division 6 points race. A 11 second truck up here in the north is kinda slow for superstreet but oh well. See you guys next weekend

Hey congrats buddy. I'll have a congratulatory drink with you after the races. Are you bringing Tyler's truck?

Maybe one of the JB guys will loan you one of their quick Dmax's? That would spoil you however. Congratulations to you and especially your wife who did all the work on the new addition to your family. Name him Diesel.

Congrats Shawn on your new family member,sad to here your truck is not gonna be there but at least you'll be racing.

I don't think you will see the Drever's there, there's a nasty rumor max'd out is goin back to superstreet cause they can't handle prostreet LOL

Didn't see this post earlier, does Devers even have a competitive running truck right now, last I heard he was going to give it a rest for a while?

As far as Max'd Out going back to Superstreet, that may well happen, but probably not till next year, but may do it prior to Topeka and run both after looking at the payouts. Turning the power down a tad and making it live and run both classes makes pretty good sense I think. Two engines, two TC's one tranny, an intercooler and 3 big turbos since Phoenix has convinced us that is a smarter and hopefully cheaper path.

We'll run drag radials and bolt in the weight we need to make 6K, moving the fuel tank and battery will not be difficult. Obviously this is all contingent on there not being drastic rules changes this winter.

Man do I hear you there. This is my exact reason for setting my truck up for superstreet. I dont know how you can on a budget run pro street. I just cant do it on wages for sure

Didn't see this post earlier, does Devers even have a competitive running truck right now, last I heard he was going to give it a rest for a while?

As far as Max'd Out going back to Superstreet, that may well happen, but probably not till next year, but may do it prior to Topeka and run both after looking at the payouts. Turning the power down a tad and making it live and run both classes makes pretty good sense I think. Two engines, two TC's one tranny, an intercooler and 3 big turbos since Phoenix has convinced us that is a smarter and hopefully cheaper path.

We'll run drag radials and bolt in the weight we need to make 6K, moving the fuel tank and battery will not be difficult. Obviously this is all contingent on there not being drastic rules changes this winter.

Ken, Mike is taking a year off this year, as him and Char are getting ready to have another baby, I beleive she is due in Februar so they are taking a year off to get ready for that.

yes Drever's truck is running, made back to back passes at 9.9-10.0 a few weeks back, it's sitting there ready to rock, but yes last i heard he has taken the year off to spend more time with the famiy. but lets clear the air, yes it is ready to run if he ever so choose too

Back