JB's Canadian Diesel Shootout

Yep it is ready to go.
Really too bad your truck wont be ready for this race Shawn, but that just means it will be ready for sure for Topeka.

We just need the right people to not go rounds so we can go 1st and 2nd for points.

Anyone have an extra diesel street truck they want to loan or rent for ET brackets? I may fly up for this event, and the old standby Randy's Off-Road truck (the one I raced there the past 2 years) has its engine out this week. I suppose we could put a dial-in on DirtyMax and run both classes ;) I know from experience, it's kinda fun chasing down slower vehicles while running 140+...

Anyone have an extra diesel street truck they want to loan or rent for ET brackets? I may fly up for this event, and the old standby Randy's Off-Road truck (the one I raced there the past 2 years) has its engine out this week. I suppose we could put a dial-in on DirtyMax and run both classes ;) I know from experience, it's kinda fun chasing down slower vehicles while running 140+...

done, you can race either my wifes 6L excursion or our 6.4 tow truck, either way we do have a truck for ya, no worries

also i'm proud to say we will have the whole family there, my 11 month old boy Diezel,my 7 day old boy Kingston, my wife, Dad and myself, come on over say hi, i'm so excited to have bot my boys at the races with daddy:rockwoot:

EXECUTIVE ROYAL INN LEDUC-NISKU
8450 Sparrow Drive, Leduc, Alberta T9E 7G4
Toll Free: 1-888-388-EXEC(3932)

this is were everyone is staying, if you mention your there togo racing, you get a discount, see you guys there

done, you can race either my wifes 6L excursion or our 6.4 tow truck, either way we do have a truck for ya, no worries

also i'm proud to say we will have the whole family there, my 11 month old boy Diezel,my 7 day old boy Kingston, my wife, Dad and myself, come on over say hi, i'm so excited to have bot my boys at the races with daddy:rockwoot:

Shawn,
Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to meet the newest member of the Elllerton clan!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Looks like I'm going to fly up for this one. BTW - I talked to a guy this past week who heard that the race wasn't happening this year at all (since it's not the "August Blackout"), be sure and spread the word that this race is happening! I've always been impressed with how many trucks show up to this event, hopefully it continues to be great despite the name/sponsor change!

We will be camping at the track. But will try to catch up with everyone. Pm me your numbers or ask for mine.

Here is tenative schedule of events

JB's Diesel Shootout 8/14/2010

Gates open 8am
Tech open 9am till noon

Driver Meeting 10:45am

1st round qualifing 11.00am
Semi Truck's
Test n Tune

2nd round Qualifing 11.45am
Semi Truck's
Test n Tune

3rd round Qualifying 12.30 pm
Semi Truck's
Test n Tune

Lunch Break 1.15.pm

National Anthem 1.30 pm
1st round eliminations
Semi Truck's
hot lap et class

2nd round eliminations 2.30 pm
Semi Truck's
Test n Tune
Make a Wish

Show n Shine Top 10 3:00 PM

3rd round eliminations 3.30 pm
Semi Truck's
Test n Tune

Burnout Contest 4.00 pm

4rd round eliminations 4.30 pm
Test n Tune
Raffle Drawing

50/50 Raffle Drawing 4.45 pm

Finals all classes 5.00 pm
Test n Tune

Drag Race Trophy 5.15 pm

Had lots on interest and gave away 100 free tickets tonight at Hot August Nights. Tons of people couldn't believe that a diesel could run that fast and that they will come for sure on Saturday to watch!!!!!
Going to be an amazing event.

Awesome news Shawn!!! See you there. I will give you a shout when we get into town

We are loaded and ready to head out.
New converter and cam. HOPE IT WORKS!!!!!

My plan for flying up (going standby with a pass from a buddy that works for the airline) isn't going so well. Flight was originally wide open, but a cancelled flight displaced everything. If I don't get out tonight I'll try a 5:30 am flight, if that fails then load up and drive it straight through!

Shawn, I am not feeling real confident that my new tuner will be here from Innovative. Do you think I might be able to borrow your dads tuner for Saturday?

After bumping from one standby list to the next, I am finally here! I saw Chad Riley's truck in the parking lot. Is everyone meeting up anywhere Friday night?

Back