Jeep liberty CRD

RICE BUNNER

Do any of you guys have one and done anything to make it run better? i bought it knew 05 i put a 3in lift 265/70/16 AT straight exhaust took the MP-8 off didnt like it.Thanks

edge makes a good chip for these, my dad and i also had trouble with the ts on ours, the edge woke it up alot more anyway!

I will check out edge.TST was working on one but they sold it so no more box! I talked to Dusty about a trans, i think this fall or winter were going to build it. Hope to have it at the track next year weight to ratio this thing moves! I will have fun with the big boys!:tree:

My brother and I both have 06's, and the Edge box didn't work on either of ours. They would work on the low setting, but put it on the high setting, and they would run a few seconds and then completely die. Edge sent us a replacement box, and it did the same thing. Tech support was of no help. Two different Jeeps, and two different boxes, same problem.

Paul

Dr. Performance makes a module for them also. Don't know anyone who has it, but it is available.

hpprose said:
Dr. Performance makes a module for them also. Don't know anyone who has it, but it is available.

We have had the DR P chip since shortly after getting my wifes 06, Libby CRD.

It works awesome! I am not a fan at all of DR P for other products, but their Libby chip is perfect for the little torque monster...

In addition, I have put a Transgo shift kit in it and it now shifts perfect with no shudder. In the spring, I plan to put a Suncoast converter in it.

Oh yeah, the chip gave her about 2mpg.

Cheers,

Bill

BFD99 said:
what fuel mileage is she seeing out of it bill?

She averages 23-25 with a mix of around town, highway use...She also drives like a maniac-which was the reason for the Jeep- I took it on a short road trip cruising 75 or so and saw 29 mpg..

Cheers, Bill

Graphic Man said:
i am trying to talk the wife into one....i hear they are pretty good

Got to tell ya, we have my Cummins and a bmw 740I w/sport package..

Around town, the Libby is the funnest vehicle to drive...Especially with the Chip, shift kit and the 245/70/16 Revo's

Cheers, Bill

Bump, My mom is now looking to get rid of her current liberty, its an 03 or 04 Black Limited 4x4 with the v6, i think i have her talked into finding an 05 or 06 Liberty CRD Limited 4x4, and i think she will get a chip for it, any body else have the Liberty Diesels? What all mods would like an intake and maybe exhaust and stuff could or would you do to it to make it more peppy around town and get some better fuel mileage? I looked at the Dr. P module and the TS MP-8, and i've heard of a few others, what is the best one available for it?
Thanks guys
edit: i found this one, how does it look for the options, mileage and price?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...08&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=89

Last edited:
That price is pretty high.. Check out ebay and that will give you an idea of what to pay for one..

We have a 06 Liberty. It was a pain at first with the EGR valves getting gummed up.. Disconnecting the Mass Air Sensor fixed all that.. 30k miles and no more issues. We love it. running the Edge module on it and it moves pretty good for what it is. I use it to put away my 32' toy hauler behind our house. Looks pretty funny but it does the job.

Have to back the trailer around 2 sharp 90's and its hard with my truck. Jeep... no issue!

Hey guys I know tis is an older thread wondering if anyone can run bio with this diesel jeep?

Out of all the chips we have had the best luck with the Dr. P chips.

If any of you guys would like a price on one let me know.

We have one at the shop here and it is great to drive. Have to be a little careful with the converter when you chip it. We blew through one pretty quickly. We do have a chip for them as well that is working great.

We have one at the shop here and it is great to drive. Have to be a little careful with the converter when you chip it. We blew through one pretty quickly. We do have a chip for them as well that is working great.

No need to worry about the converter. SunCoast has a great converter upgrade for them, we have been using this converter for over 30k miles and it works great. We did some of the first testing on this converter and it is a huge improvement over stock.

Dennis