Joining 4th gen crowd in a week

CumminsCrazed

hey guys, i just sold my 2001 2nd gen 6 spd cummins last night, buying a 2010 crew laramie next weekend. Just looking for any info on them that would be new to me as far as going from an 01 to a 2010

My new truck does have the 68RFE trans which is a whole new game to me beings ive owned a manual 6 spd cummins only. What can you tell me about this trans and how do they hold up/life expectancy etc.

Truck has just a tidge over 120k miles, more than i originally wanted but this truck has the options i was looking for and met my price criteria. Just hoping i dont end up buying a problem beings its an auto trans truck. Never had a ball in bed that i could see, didnt see any kind of plate bolted to frame so im guessing its never towed heavy and/or far.

It doesnt look like its been deleted or had any kind of tuner/programmer installed.

Like i said, just new to this generation so any info about anything you guys could give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

awesome, i just dont want it to end up being one of those "the guy never serviced trans and its running 120 on initial fluid from factory" deals. Ive heard changing fluid at that point will do nothing but cause trans to go out sooner lol

Back