JRAdkins HX55

I recently acquired a JRAdkins HX55 when i did some trading. I know its sort of an old school turbo, but it actually runs pretty good on my truck. Its a little laggy but not bad. Anyone got any experience/info on this charger?

want my opinion...its junk

i ran one for awhile and it was torture only having power from 2400-2700rpms

i made a whopping 429hp with it...the guy i sold it to also made 420hp with it and tq was only in the 790 range because of how slow it spooled. when i called JR he constantly told me that my truck should spool it at 1700rpms and that there was something wrong with my truck.

It does seem fairly laggy, but honestly its not that bad. It spools up around 2100-2300 for me and pulls hard up to 3500-4000. But i suspect that my cam and ported head might help it spool a bit faster. The guy i got it from said exactly the same thing as you TJ. He has a 24vavle with a comp and Mach6s I think. He said it didnt spool until about 2400 so that basically leaves about a 500rpm power band. I guess maybe they are better suited for a 12valve that can turn some RPM. I think im gonna leave it on there and pull with it this weekend just to see how it does.

it will provide alot of air tho, i have a video somewhere of my truck rolling coal like a 12v on the dyno until that big sucker lit and made that whopping 429hp

I ran one last year on my truck, its a 12v, I used it as a daily driver/puller, turbo did great for me pulling, I was able to get 467hp out of it at 35psi of boost and that was spoolong really late on dyno. I put it through some abuse never hurt it, I actually still got it laying around.

Travis

I think that it is pretty much a 66mm inducer with a 16 cm wastegated turbine section.