jumping in and out of lockup??

TWINTURBODAVE

This is my buddies truck and we cant seem to find what the problem is.. especially since all my experience is with 2nd gens..
the truck is a 03 and has a small towing tune (edge) and open exhaust. This is his work truck, and tow 26,xxx every week. The truck empty drives fine, but when the 5th wheel is behind it, it jumps in and out of lock up down low in the city...when on the freeway it normal again. He had both of the sylinoids in the valve body changed a few months back... this passed weekend i put a tripple lock converter, with a shift kit. drove incredible empty but once the trailer was on its doing it again!! what should i do next? is there a tps like the 12 valves have? Please help_Dave

48re trans, and it says 235hp on the engine?? I thought all CR engines were at least 300hp..

I thought that was correct for the STD outputs. 235-250HP. Cause on the HO it was a 60HP increase. I think there was something going on that year(2003) were a bunch of stuff changed to get 305for HO and then 325 for HO 2005+

Last edited: