just a thought about fueling with gsk's

96ram

i am also trying to build more knowledge for my brain and a search doesnt help me any. for this i wanna keep it simple and say i am at 300hp (i wanna say i am close to it).

with the issues i been having i believe its the its the stock gsk causing the issues with my shifting since at 2900 it hangs and at 2500rpm its fine. from what my builder says it runs out of pwr on wot when it needs to shift.. (dont want to talk about my trans issues here since i got a thread about it) i wanna keep this on topic with gsk

here is my question how much fuel in hp numbers. does a stock gsk pull back past defeul so from 2250, 2500, 3000. thats why i listed 300hp so its easy to understand and most do a mild build. i know stock defuels around 2250rpm for an auto, 3gsk around 2800rpm, 4gsk around 3600 rpm? i also know that once you get to the point of defuel the gsk weights spread out and thats what cause defuel. can we dig in deeper then that, how much fuel is it pulling back from 300hp worth of fuel. so people get a gsk to get more usable fueling which makes the truck more drivable that is the simplest term . thats part is understandable, but i wanna get into the technical stuff.

i know all trucks are different, so lets say the 160hp, 175hp, 215hp p pump. with the basic mods to achieve 300hp.

thank yall for the info, i am hoping somebody has done this and this thread will help somebody else out.

Keep in mind timing, you can run 5k springs at stock or low timing and it won't pull much over 3000rpm under load because of the slow burn rate of the fuel.

On my last couple of work trucks I've been running Garmon diesel 5k set up loose even though they will never touch that rpm. Good strong idle and will crank by just bumping the key, there based of Haisleys springs I believe, just have easy access to them and they work.

Keep in mind timing, you can run 5k springs at stock or low timing and it won't pull much over 3000rpm under load because of the slow burn rate of the fuel.

i forgot about the timing let alone the turbo to support that rpm range, the stock hx35 wont be good by its self past 3000rpms

On my last couple of work trucks I've been running Garmon diesel 5k set up loose even though they will never touch that rpm. Good strong idle and will crank by just bumping the key, there based of Haisleys springs I believe, just have easy access to them and they work.

i am getting the pac brake 4gsk in my truck when i am not sure hopefully this week (i dont trust myself to put them in so i am driving to west texas diesel performance and getting them put in) i doubt it will ever touch that rpm range but its a nice thing to have. should solve my issues i been having.

if i ever have to pull the engine out, for a rebuild i am getting her built to handle anything i can trow at her.

so i dont have to make another post, i thought about adding some type of fuel metering device maybe a pressure gauge might work? inline with the injectors. not sure on how much it will cost but i have to buy a pressure gauge anyway down the road for fuel psi