Just another Diesel Guy

I'm not denying setup can make a difference. This is an era of 1k+ 5k rpm 2.6 trucks.

VE power levels WILL NOT hang.

Unless that VE is blessed by the diesel gods it wont be competetive in 2.6.

400-500hp...VE pump...2.6...competetive- Good luck you'll need it.

evidently the diesel gods will come down and push and pull the sled for him!!!!
:lolly:

If I can make 400 to 500 horse I think I can.

Its set up as well as power, man. I know I am probably preaching to the choir but it really is. My dad pulls a bone stock 350 CAT, injector pump turned up, rpms turned up and about 4,000 lbs lighter than everyone else and we continue to be competitive. We hang with the big V8 Macks, electronic CATs and some or less tuned KTAs. We may not win all the time but we always place. And its all in the set up and the way we drive the truck. So I am sure I can make a VE compete!

I said get away with, not be competitive. :lolly:

Where I am at, I need 4-500 to place in the top 10 if more than 10 trucks show. I got lucky once when 2 trucks broke, 1 smoked a clutch, and 1 was a bone stock P-Pump. I got 4th in that one. bif

Oh well even if I can't compete. Its the road to a Pro Stock 4x4. Gotta learn how to drive before I need all that horse power.

The road to Pro Stock takes a detour to getting beaten horribly in 2.6? I think you need a new map...

Maybe you are right. I have no idea what it takes to run with the tough 2.6 trucks. I am just guessing based on what I have seen around home. But you are probably right 400 horse won't compete with 2.6. Maybe I will need a different truck!

So whats it take? 600-800 Horse?

IMG_3767a-vi.jpg

:hehe:

Well played Jory. Well Played:hehe::hehe:
Maybe you are right. I have no idea what it takes to run with the tough 2.6 trucks. I am just guessing based on what I have seen around home. But you are probably right 400 horse won't compete with 2.6. Maybe I will need a different truck!

So whats it take? 600-800 Horse?
From earlier in the thread-
I'm not denying setup can make a difference. This is an era of 1k+ 5k rpm 2.6 trucks.

VE power levels WILL NOT hang.
Built motors, 5k rpm, 13mm P-Pumps, Standalone ECM, large frame chargers with covers to fit specs. Not hardly a street class any more.

Read a while, you will figure out what the 2.6 guys are building and running.

You wanting to build a Pro Stock truck too?

Back