Just bought a 2008 6.7

Back-N-Black 76

I just bought a 2008 2500 6.7 6 spd. Anything I need to look out for or be aware of? I plan on doing the deletes and Smarty, but only after the warranty runs out. I had a 2000 2500 5.9, but i know nothing much on these 6.7's. Ready and willing to learn! Any info is welcomed!

It won't be long and I bet you do the deletes before your warranty is out. I did mine @ 7500 and it was the best thing I have ever done.

h & s black max seems to be the best for the 6.7... from what i have heard/read

Can you run anything on these 6.7's without doing the deletes, or do you need to do them before you try any of that?

do the deletes your truck will be happier :woohoo:
I did mine at 4000 miles and now have 68000 and no issuse
if you add a programer it will clog the DPF faster and that is part of the main problems with the trucks besides the EGR crap

Gotcha. So after all the deletes it's pretty much like a 5.9. Correct?

you could say that and the motor sounds like a diesel should
you won't regret doing the deletes and the 6.7 with the write combonation of parts will make some awsome power, just doing deletes and programer makes a big diffrence
is your truck a 6speed/or auto
when you get to adding the power the clutch is a weak link and the auto's will slip too but i've never owed an automatic in a diesel truck
you can upgrade the vaulve body and tourqe convertor
just depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend $$$$$$$$

egr/cooler, throttle valve delete, intake horn, boost tube, 4" or 5" tbe, and smarty jr. This is my combo and love it for mpgs and daily driver, i am doing arp 625s when i get home this week and a fass platinum for insurance. I was scepticle at first deleting pre warranty but after i seen what was being pumped into my motor i had no regrets! Headgaskets and trannys are the issues. If you stay safe on the tunes with timing and drive conservativley it will last longer. It will only be time though, start smart and leave the tunner last.

there was a long post some where- that gave the money savings of doing the deletes and the gained mpg

ive seen one 6.7 apart ...... and i would do deletes first thing....... ever seen a clogged 6.0? looked something like that

I did the deletes on mine when It had 4k miles on it. And at 4k miles it was all the ready Very sooty inside the intake... Also I went from 10mpg with my 35s stock to 15mpg after the deletes, thats driving around town alot.