Just bought a 95

BEN1234

I just bought a 95 2500 single cab 4x4 auto cummins diesel. I need some suggestions on some mods. So after the kdp, gauges, and tranny i need some more power. I don't want to spend that much$$$$. I was thinking a "0" plate, afc spring kit, rack plug, boost elbow, either a 16 or 18.5 cm housing, and some 022 delivery valves. How much hp would that set up make and how much would it make with a small set of injector like 300's. Also with the 022's some say to machine the holders out does anyone have a pic of a machined holder and a stock one. And how much would a shop charge to edm my stock injectors and where could i get this done, and i when they do that do they add more holes or just make the one's there bigger?

Thanks
Ben

somewhere in the area of 200hp

:shake: :shake: :shake: :ft: :ft: :what: :what:

Ok, I hate to have to be the one to ask, but I have been wondering...where is a good place to get delivery valves, also what it mean to edm your injectors. and last what benefit does machining the holders have? Thanks

quihi35004x4 said:
Ok, I hate to have to be the one to ask, but I have been wondering...where is a good place to get delivery valves, also what it mean to edm your injectors. and last what benefit does machining the holders have? Thanks

EDM or electrical discharge machining is a material removal process that is used on injectors and holders. I think that EDM is the only way to go. As far as the holders, there is only a small opening that will allow fuel to flow to the injectors. If you have large injectors and DVs then you should open up the DV holders to gain their maximum potential.

I have a 95 auto. First I slid the plate and took timing to 16*. The truck was still a dog. Then I put in boost elbow and 3k gsk and that made a world of difference. The truck is so much more driveable with those two mods. I also put an amsoil filter on the truck and without the silencer ring the truck sounds pretty good when the old hx35 lights up. But I still plan to go with 191 dv's, #10 plate and htb2 62/12. Still not sure what I want to do as far as tranny goes, but once I get the new turbo on, I probably won't have too long to think! (that's a good thing)

I think im going to swap in a 5speed. Then i can pull and not have to worry or put in a small fortune in a automatic.