Just bought a 97 tdi

meatball

One owner car with 100k on it and all 100% original with the exception of a documented timing belt change at 80k .
My plans are- buy injectors, I was thinking Kerma's hot swap , so there's no down time .
Attempt to get a malone chip for the tuning , if anyone has any input it would be appreciated
And lastly tint and autotechs clubsport kit for suspension .

Talk to Malone on what injectors they recommend for the tune you get.

I'm gonna send an email to malone .
I did talk to Kerma on the phone they were very helpful , what's everyone's experience with them? Are they a trusted source for tuning an ahu ?

Go onto tdiclub and look at kermas reviews. He jacks up the prices on the same things you can get elsewhere for less. He does this cause of the name. A lot of guys I talked to said they will never buy from him. I simply chose not to get anything from him.

But, congrats on the car purchase! Mark Malone is the way to go. He did my tuning and helped me a ton with this car. The other car will be getting his work too. Do you have any pics of the car??

Last edited:
I sent an e mail to malone , just waiting for a response now .. The only thing that draws me to kerma is the hot swap program so I'm not with out the car .
Here's some pics
4eguvu4e.jpg
6ugasy4y.jpg
a3emurup.jpg
a9udury2.jpg

Well I went with kerma , they were available on a phone call and customer service was awesome .

I ordered at 11am filled out my sheet and submitted it and they shipped my order at 2pm
I went with they're hot swap program with 520 nozzles and the ahu chip .

I also picked up a set of Koni sport coilovers on Craigslist for cheap and put then on last night .
y5e9upap.jpg

Update : kerma shipped the injectors , when they arrived no3 injector was cracked where the pigtail for the lift sensor entered the body .
I called them and they sent a new set with dlc764 nozzles instead , works for me .
I got them installed along with the chip and what a huge difference ! I'm looking for any excuse to drive this thing it's a blast .
I think I'll eventually go with rocket chip for tuning, it seems there's a lot left in it . I don't mind it being on the conservative side as I use it for a commuter .
I do need vag com though , does anyone have experience with the tablet based software?
Also I was told I need to do a CCV re route , any idea which is the best style to go with?

I have vagcom. I absolutely love it for fine tuning the car. I use mainly on my 00 but recently have been doing it on my 98 trying to get it done.

Car looks awesome!! Needs some wheels and tint :D

California car bought in Oakland brand new so thankfully no rust at all.
Tint is next on the list and wheels eventually. I'm pretty picky when it comes to wheels its hard to find non rice looking wheels .

Back