Just bought an 06' mega cab!! Wtf is this piece I found in the blower motor?

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
I changed the blower because the noise was terrible with this piece bouncing around. I picked the truck up for 13k so I looked past the lack of a heater even though it's -10 here

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    458.7 KB · Views: 0
The truck puts out warm air and new blower is doing fine but it seems like I can't get it to 100% dedicate air when I use the selector between defrost or any of the other vents. It does switch but the other vents are also moving air. I assume it's part of the flap the directs the air to the vents, floor, defrost and rear vent. Anybody know how to go about fixing it ?

The little selector motor is moving when I twist the selector swtich.

Thanks!! I'm not that lazy I swear I looked around online before I posted. I just didn't find that yet.

LOL!

It's all good.

I was lazy enough to add just a link. I guess I could have answered your question too.:hehe:

The link explained it just fine. I think it must be the recirc door above the blower since the pin was in there unless it could have made it all the way from the other door

Don't cut the plenum up like Heater Treater and Dorman want you to. Just pull the dash if it gets to that point, replace all the doors and motors and be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check , won't cut plenum. Do I have to pull the dash to get to the recirc door near the blower ?

I removed the recirc door through the blower motor opening. Everything works as it should - except recirc but we never use that setting up here anyways

Back