Just bought Road Armors and FASS

B.A.Ram

A Big Deal
So I just bought a front and rear road armor that should be in around mid august. Gonna have them painted the same silver as the bottom of my truck. What do you guys think I should run in terms of lights and a winch in the front? Also have a FASS coming my way. Apparently I like to spend money. After this gets finished I'm going to throw some bilsteins on it and possibly stacks. I'll post pictures after I get the bumpers on there, hopefully it will make the truck look pretty slick. I do need to get some fender flares. Anybody in Dallas know where I can buy shackles? I priced them online at $30 a pop :badidea:

Shackles? Suspension shackles?

Get us some pics of those bumpers!

Negative, shackles on the bumpers. They each hold two. I looked at fastenal.com but for a 7/8" shackle they ranged from $25-$50...little rye-dickulous in my book. I will get pics as soon as they show up, unfortunately they aren't shipping for 3-3,1/2 weeks. Hope the wait is worth it :rockwoot: got a heck of a deal by the way if anyone is interested in buying some, I can refer you to the guy who sold me mine. Great customer service :Cheer:

I have PIAA in my Road Armors. Looking at RA web site it looked to me as if they built the bumpers with PIAA in mind.

Holy chit.....I'm gonna spend $150 on freaking shackles...lights are another $450 and the winch is gonna run a minimum of $750 depending on the model.....:bang

You do know that you don't have to install these things at the same time right? And how did you get your money tree to grow all of a sudden? I've tried everything but mine's still a hole in the ground. LOL

BgBlDodge said:
You do know that you don't have to install these things at the same time right? And how did you get your money tree to grow all of a sudden? I've tried everything but mine's still a hole in the ground. LOL

We've had a lot of rain up here in Dallas...:hehe:

I'm gonna have to sprout some new money tree saplings at the current pace I'm at. As soon as I get my bumpers I'm going to have them painted, then winch, lights and shackles....then I'm doing bilsteins and crossover steering, then fender flares and a rear winch.....After that I should have about $.02 left....

You'll like the crossover steering. I finally got a good power steering box (my 4th psc was a POS so I bought an o'reilly box and it works perfect first time, go figure) and my truck is so much more fun to drive now. This truck turns like the vette. Instantly and precisely.

The bumpers were designed to run with PIAAs but any light fits like a champ.

Predatortruck said:
The bumpers were designed to run with PIAAs but any light fits like a champ.

Could I re-use my stock fog lights so that I still have those wired into my headlights and then just add a seperate set of driving lights on a toggle for when I needed them? Or should I just set it up so that all 4 lights are on in the bumper along with my headlights?

Better make provisions to turn them off seperately in case the po po asks you to. They got their panties in a big wad a while back around here about fog lamps on the highway. I got two warnings.

fantastic...Then I'm thinking I'll keep my fogs as one set still wired in and then just have one set of PIAA's that I can flip on seperately

Check Harbor Freight for shackles... they are cheap there

You will love the bumpers, i got them also with a 12500 t max winch, use it to pull buds out of mud when there filling like pigs.

Nothing like a big honkin piece of steel on the front end for peace of mind :D