just got a 83 300sd any suggestions?

tell me you are joking on the keeping up with the EVOs and WRXs... I'd have to see it with my own eyes beigns they are awd and have twice the power or more as what you just posted.

regardless, I'd like to have one of these beasts as a DD/backup ride.

C-ya

Im thinking of selling mine unless I can find a good/cheap donor to transplant the drivetrain into.

Id like to try like an Amigo or something. I bet it would still top 24 MPG and be a great DD.

post up some pics gentlemen. :D

This is mine. Except it has 420 series wheels on it now. I put a pic of the wheels it has. W/ Centercaps of course.

p_00113.jpg

MERC.jpg

ME16.jpg

His looks better...a LOT better....but I'll bet mine will cost less, and take more work LOL

Gimme an e-mail and I'll shoot'em to you.

My car is a travelers car. The drivers window switch is broken. It leaks a small amount of oil, has a leak in the back window I need to seal with some aeromachine stuff. The passenger seat switch is fubar and has a few other small things that could be fixed like the stereo which only plays AM. (thats all I listen to so I wont fix it). And then the usual chit that happens to ALL mercedes. Odometer doesnt work anymore, spring in driver seat sprung. I will say though. It handles great and drives like a champ. Now I just need to install that new starter. (solenoid going bad on old one) and she will be back to tip top.

Good: NEW TIRES. oil, filter. new inline fuel and canister fuel filter. new primer pump. new oil cooler lines. new injector crossover tubes. And ALOT of other parts that I have been slowly but surely replacing. This things gonna make 500k easy

Other than that, it gets 27.5 MPG and to put it in the words of my german mechanic. How long will it run? "HOW LONG YOU LIVE?".

Just keep an eye on those vacuum pumps!!

I'm putting my 83 300sd back together, because the vacuum pump let go and a piece got hung up in the timing chain. It BROKE the camshaft in 3 pieces and all the camshaft holders in 2.

REALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never seen a vaccum pump let go. I have been working on these things for about 2 years now. Thats crazy.

I have never seen a vaccum pump let go. I have been working on these things for about 2 years now. Thats crazy.

Its actually common.
The pump has a ball bearing that rides on the timing device flange.
The ball bearing breaks and sometimes it causes carnage and sometimes it doesnt.
I didnt get so lucky.

I have to fix the car its 83 300sd with 100,000 miles on it one owner.
Silvery-Blue exterior with Dark Blue interior and EVERYTHING works!!
Its MINT!!

Ill sell you mine for the motor then. LOL
Or Im sure Billy might have one that just has a drivetrain for sale

Back