Just got an e-350 7.3 liter psd?

jde350

Just got a 95 ford e-350 7.3 liter psd?

Hello everyone

I recently purchased a 95 ford e-350 7.3liter, i believe it is a Powerstroke but it just does'nt say it. Anyways it's a direct injection Turbo deisel with 277k miles i got it for 1,600$ - it runs great !

I can't seem to find much info about them.. I have the Chilton Manual on it,
But i would like to find in more detail than the book covers. Mabey someone can give me some advise? I 've done basic searches, but not turning up much.

Does anyone know about the location of the " vehicle speed sensor?" on the tranny? When slowing, almost to a complete stop, there is a small slam feeling like getting bumped into from behind by another car. Right before a complete stop. And a slight jerk when putting into drive..
any info would be greatly appreciated..

Am i crazy for wanting to completely rebuild this entire engine and tranny??
And make this van high performance bio-deisel??
If so, where can i go for help??????
even if it cost 10k- 20k .. it seems like these engines can go forever and would be worth it. what do you think?.. if you have an oppinion i'd like to hear it..

I look forward to hearing all of your thoughts regaurding this Vehicle.
Thanks

Attachments

• e 350.jpg
    e 350.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Welcome to CompD!

And doing a high performance rebuild would be cool! And this is definitely the place for the info!

I believe so, it has over drive and 4 spd?, and E as transmision type.

What i'm doing now, is replacing the sensor on the rear-end, switch out the gear oil and gasket..
I figure it has to be that because every other gear is fine when driving.
It jolts when downshifting from 2-1..
After a week ,the damn rear end grinded when i went to stop !!
Unbeilieveable!!! once it got into second it was fine... Makes you sick to hear that.. luckly it was only one time, before i quickly fixed it.

I beileve that what happens is, there is magnets inside those powerstroke sensors.. After time, magnets become saturated.. and don't function the same after awhile.. My god when that happens, with the CPS. you'll be doing 75 down the highway, and your engine will just turn off!!!
And your the trasmition related sensors, My God, was that the worst noise i've herd in my life. like it got stuck, in between gears.
I opened up the gear box(differential) and didnt see any damage.
A tranny shop would have charged me up the yin yang.. Cost me 15, for the sensor, and 20 for new gear oil and gasket..

That is a huge racket !!! everone should be aware of this..
Well, i guess the mechanics know.. lol

Sites like this.. are the way of the future.. Thank you so much.. probably save thousands already by just learning from here..

You guys are great!!!

Scatch that last post.... I'm an idiot..!!

It was not the sensor!!!- sounded good though.lol

Still grindage, from 1-2 gear.
At a stop light, gringing upon acceleration.... theres slipadge,
until second gear..
well i guess 280k- is all the tanny is good for...
I'm going to try a use some tranny fix-it juice.. that should fix it up.. lol

Anyone got a tranny? or advice?

sounds like the convertor is junk...you smell or look at the fluid...(check the fluid level as well)

Installing completely re-built e4od today.
$1100- for tranny & delivered with upgrades .trans-go shift kit, steel planet OD,
hayden trans-cooler-
$250 installation

I got it on e-bay so we'll se...
Tranny shops wanted 3000, to take and rebuild original..

Back