Just loaded Spartan tunes, have a Q?

texascadillac42

Just got done loading some of the Spartan Diesel tunes onto an 04 6.0. Truck runs MUCH, MUCH better now. Shifting is great compared to some of the negative things I have heard about the SDT trans. qualities, so far so good. Truck will probably end up getting a tune or two from Innovative, but for now its a great start. My only questions is this, even on the hottest settings "Hybrid Race" and "Ultra Comp" the truck would not smoke at all. (Im not saying that I want tons of smoke billowing out of the truck) But is this normal operation for a bone stock 6.0? Its got a 4" straight exhaust and nothing other than the SDT tunes. Should I be looking for problems elsewhere? Truck runs and feels great, smooth power with no cutting out or CELs so I am assuming everything is fine.

The files that he has on the web site are not the hottest you can get. The tunes I have from Doug and Eric are definatly hotter. But if he put his hottest tunes on his web site, someone would blow his truck up and blame Matt.

I messed around with a couple online tunes from Spartan, and there seemed to be something to love, and something to dislike about each. All in all, i likes the aggressive street the best, think it was 130 horse if i remember correctly. I tried the Hybrid and ultra comp once, and as much as i liked the throttle response and really quick spool time, the lockup/shift for 4th i think? was just ugly on mine. I ran them just for fun on my old Gtech meter, and the "130" horse was quicker then the "150-170" and "175" tunes. They smoke really heavy before it spools, but other then that they are a pretty clean tune.

Yea the 130hp setting does feel like it is about the fastest on this truck as well. I cant get the truck to smoke at all, but all in all that's a good thing as long as its faster.....

I messed around a couple nights with that Gtech thing i have, and as much as i prefer the shifting on my generic "looney tunes", the 130 spartan was quicker, so the thing tells me. Same piece of road, same launch etc. I have a AFE intake and mbrp 4" "cool duals", if that makes any difference in the amount of smoke caused...

Like mentioned above, those online archive tunes are backed down power wise. I wish i could have dynoed the first hyrbrid race file i got from matt. It felt strong! I dynoed with the hybrid tune from the archive and it only put down 348hp. Torque was good though at 702.

Back