Just picked up a first gen...now what

longhorn859

Brap.
Hey guys, I just picked up a first gen and I love it but it definitely needs some more power. It has plenty of fuel judging by the smoke but just no giddy.
Mods are: 150 fass pump, 100hp injectors, hot rod VE injection pump, rebuilt turbo, sun coast 518 tranny, 7” chrome stack, intake, bigger intercooler, boots.
I would really like to make this thing run a lot better and need advice from the 1st gen guys.
Thanks!
Chase

turbo! a 62/65/12 would be an excellent upgrade

Whos injectors, what is the hole count and size? what do you mean by a hotrod VE, Who tuned the VE? How is the AFC set up? What cooler is in it, powerstroke? Do you have an aftermarket or ground or stock pin in it? You got a 366 spring in it yet? What turbo is currently on it?

Is this truck 2 or 4wd

A 62mm S300 would be good but I would do a 14cm housing instead of the 12 to keep the drive pressure down.

I think it might be PDR's hot rod VE= 14mm H&R. Much cheaper if you do it yourself...

The only info that the previous owner told me is that all of the pump work was done by dave's diesel in indiana. The injectors are edm'd by dave's diesel. I have no clue what the hot rod pump stuff is all about. It has a spring in it, owner said he thought it was a 4200 spring? so obviously he doesnt know. It also has a fuel pin in it but once again..no clue who's. The cooler is larger but I have no clue what its from and dont have the stock one to compare it to. I bought this truck because the body is in perfect condition and it will be a great project truck. Its a 4x4 with a 3in skyjacker lift and it has black dually rockstars :)

29193_1475270088079_1423500056_3124.jpg

29193_1475269088054_1423500056_3124.jpg

Those flatbiller wheels fawk up the whole truck, that's like minus 75-80 hp right there.

I hate rockstars, and that pre runner bar, BUT that's one of the coolest 1st gens I dig it!

Ill trade my 02 for it sight unseen. I want a first Gen so bad it hurts

I hate rockstars, and that pre runner bar, BUT that's one of the coolest 1st gens I dig it!

Those flatbiller wheels fawk up the whole truck, that's like minus 75-80 hp right there.

Hey hey hey, dammit! Nothing wrong with Rockstars.LOL

"Flatbiller" is my new favorite word. LOL

I think its a sweet looking truck, but it does need the prerunner bumper removed.

I'm serious. 02 reg cab,6 speed 4x4 loaded. New 285 Goodyear new brakes, ball joints, track bar, cold a/c. Mods are Drag comp, 100hp injectors, fass 150/150, 5" exhaust. I might give a little boot. 234000 miles 1 owner

good luck jeronimo. he stopped by my house the day after he bought the truck and wouldnt trade me straight up for mine. It's definitely a sharp truck

If he wouldn't trade you then he ain't gonna trade with me then. I'm on stock wheels no stack and no quad cab. But hey, we tried lol

Hahahh I still have my 01 to play with jeronimo, sorry though. The tires are only 285's so id rather not go any smaller. Bought the truck as it sits. I kinda dig the rockstars but the bumper does need to go, or at least the big awkward brush bar. I have a hx35 sitting around off of my 01. Would that make much of a difference?