KDP questions

gstanfield

Are we there yet?
OK, I've been reading about this Killer dowel pin for a while now and think it's time I do somthing about it. What's the easiest and/or cheapest fix known to man? I want it to be right, but I want to minimize my cash outlay as the wife is starting to question why a truck I just bought needs so much money spent on it? I've seen several kits sold to fix it, and was wondering what would be wrong about locating it, drilling and tapping a hole directly above it and running a bolt in on top of it or some other such fix. I'm certain I don't fully understand all about this so I may be missing somethin.

What did you do to fix this?

Recommendations?

Thanks,
George

You can drill and tap the gear case method which is the easiest method, or you can remove the gear case cover and do the tab method. . . . . Both jobs are fairly easy, the first one being the fastest..... I like the tab method...

Last edited:
I made this kind a thing my self.
You will need a new bearing as well.

Attachments

• jupp.JPG
    jupp.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 29
  • jupp1.JPG
    jupp1.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 35
The cheapest possible way I think is under 40 bucks. I made my tab out of some scrap I had around, new bolt is like a buck , and the killer is the front crank seal (33 dollars) and some rtv for the front timing cover.

My favorite is a trimed fender washer under the stock bolt with a little blue loctite.