Keep Breaking NV5600s!!!!

CUMMINSTD

New Ride, Poor Wallet :/
Is there any upgraded parts for the NV5600 trannys? Im goin on my 4th one. I keep busting gears. I never race other then occasional playing on the street, but i do a lot of towing. This morning i started hearing a clatter in 6th gear and know its time to pull it again. This is getting expensive. Is there a "Built" manual trans or should i swap to another style tranny all together?

Is there any upgraded parts for the NV5600 trannys? Im goin on my 4th one. I keep busting gears. I never race other then occasional playing on the street, but i do a lot of towing. This morning i started hearing a clatter in 6th gear and know its time to pull it again. This is getting expensive. Is there a "Built" manual trans or should i swap to another style tranny all together?

Build an auto for it. Manual valve body if you feel the need to shift.

I've Thought About Doing That, If I Went Auto I Don't Wanna Have To Manual Shift It

How have they been failing? Did you run a quart over full? Where are you getting them from. Guy that rebuilt mine for me (on the side) rebuilds them for a living and he showed me that they cut a web inside the case so that a bearing gets oiled. Because the way the oiling works in there oil is just slung up and drops down onto everything. And this specific bearing doesn't get enough lubrication because of that web. I can never remember if it's the front or the back bearing. I tow in 6th no problem.

And FYI the reason it needed to be rebuilt in the first place is I used to dump the clutch to launch my pickup. And the first time out at the track I busted my main shaft.

rung All The Teeth Off The Main Shaft One Time, Busted teeth On 4Th Gear another, Bearings Have Went Out And Messed Up Multiple Internal Parts Twice. Towing IsWhere It Sees It's Hardest Loads, Not Racing Or Launching.