Keepin IC boots on the truck

TxDiesel007

Uncommon CR problemed
Guys

im at ropes end with my IC boots on the truck. I keep having trouble keeping the left lower IC boot on the truck when i get on the truck a bit. At 25 lbs of boost it goes POP... :( I have tried these solutions

splitting the gap between the boots to get more holding room
Tightening the Fudge out of the IC boot clamps
replacing the T bar clamps

The boots are not torn at all, i just cannot keep them on. THere is a bit of oil on that tube which strikes me as strange, and aids in them slipping off. I do clean it off tho before i put the boots back on...

Before i resort to PDR or Rip ROoks IC boots, what can i do to keep these on temporarily aside from drive a little less agressively? I just dont want to drive down the road and want to pass someone and hear POP!.. cause the damn boot went out..

any suggestions or just pony up the dough and get the silicone boots

Rick

Clean both the boots and pipes with brake clean, make sure they are dry, Check to see that the pipes and boots line up with the turns like they should, Poor lineup is alot of the problems. Hairspray or hightack can be used in a last ditch effort.

I was gonna say...hairspray em...it'll be a b**** to get em off though.

like above my first try would be brake clean. If that however does not work try cleaning them again then adding belt dressing to them. I did this to my setup when i could not keep a boot on my twins cold pipe and have not had a problem yet.

hairspray works and comes apart easily. I kept blowing the boot off my turbo so I superglued it on. no more problems.

I have glued my Top Turbo boot on with High Temp Black RTV ..... every 3rd pass it would blow off .....

SINNER said:
hairspray works and comes apart easily. I kept blowing the boot off my turbo so I superglued it on. no more problems.

Been there , done that LOL

boot failure

I made a set of tie bars (pics in gallery)
Hair spray & tie bars,did the trick.
I havent heard that annoying sound since.

Aluminum Pigment, works every time,You will need to mark the Male end than apply the Pigment about 1/4 inch in than slide Boot on so it covers the Product,if you put on to much you will never get the Boot OFF of WITHOUT SLICING THE BOOT.

thanks for the ideas guys

yall are a helpful bunch.. will try them soon..

Rick

i jsut used a regualr hose clamp i got from a mobile home sewage kit and have had no problems since and im well over 40 psi on them

I have aluminum screw heads at the end of all my pipes to give the boots something to bite on. I hear superglue works too.