3. Neutral Safety Switch (replaced new)
I put my light on the middle wire and have power
I also checked the outer two wires and when connected have power
I checked the gear selector locations on the tranny and adjusted
4. Checked relays and fuses associated with the ignition
I get power to the relay when the key is turned to the start position
5. Replaced Key switch and checked wiring
6. New Starter

I currently have two wires running into the cab so I can "hotwire it" and it will start and run fine with no issues.

The factory alarm system stopped working as well so I pulled the alarm relay to make sure that it was not interfering with anything and it will still not start.

Any ideas? Think it could be the PCM? I am out of ideas or things to try.

Thanks!!

The factory alarm is telling the truck not to crank, new PCM time or work out what you need to unhook to inhibit it.

Do some looking, you can find the FSM's for these trucks as a free download now I'm sure, just the wiring diagrams would have saved you from buying a starter already. Electrical current flows just like water, test for it after every valve.

well I tried disabling the alarm and made no difference. Do you really think it is the PCM? I would hate to buy one and have it not work.

Here are a few additional things that I have noticed but did not mention:
1 - The lights (time & equalizer) on the radio go dim the out then eventually come back on then go out again.
2 - the steering wheel radio controls both do not work properly, both will advance the radio stations or CD playlist. On occasion the volume control will work

Again, the truck runs fine when I hotwire start it, just wound be nice to have the keystart back.

Thanks for your help!!!

Back