Keyless Entry questions..

Ridemywideglide

Diesel NON-Pro
Hope this is the appropriate section for this..

I'm trying to find out what module the factory keyless entry is packaged with.. Or if it's a seperate peice under the dash.. Is it part of the ECM?
I'm trying to get it added to my truck, but I'm not too fond of the after market arrangements I've found.. Would like to stick with factory. I can't find anything in the FSM..

Thanks
Brad

You will probably need the "Highline" central timer module and key fobs. I may be wrong but I think that is all you would need. Well, other than some DRB3 flashing and fob programming
Kevin

Nope, wiring harnesses are different. Highline harnesses had 18 pin connectors and your truck (as well as mine) have 14 pin connectors going to the CTM. NOW I know why the "dealer installed" keyless entry systems had different key fobs than factory installed! The dealer installed was basically a rebadged aftermarket add-on. :(

well I don't know?! Last night i looked up the wiring diagram on the chrysler site and saw an 18 pin connector and a 14 pin. but looking at the CTM on EBAY, it looks like there is another 18 pin, not either or. I'll do some more looking....

Well looks like the wiring harness is discontinued. But I just noticed that you have a 96, the stuff i was looking up for my 98 wouldn't work anyways. Find a junkyard donor I guess.

You wouldn't want to share the link to look up wiring diagrams on the chrysler site would ya??

Thanks for the info
Brad

Sorry, when I quit the dealership they disabled MY password, but not before I got ahold of my bosses :) It would be pretty funny to see it if they mysteriously were shipped $20K in parts they didn't need, LOL! I could e-mail you the diagrams or whatever.