Kill Switch

ACFarmer

On to the next project
What are you guys using to run your air shut off for your trucks? I have a guiliteen set up but I'm not totally sure on what to use to run it. On our tractors we have wrapped wire but they only have to be 5 or 6 feet long on them. Any ideas or do you guys just use a piece of wire? Have a pull coming up where I have to have a air shut off on the truck.

3/16 cable in 1/2 cpvc to the hitch with a bull ring on it. You can probably do with out the cpvc if you route it right.

Here is a couple of pictures i snapped on my cell real quick. I just used 1/2 in electrical conduit. Its cheap and if you dont know anyone with a bender you can usually rent one for around ten bucks. Then i just ran a 1/8 in cale through it it with a steel ring on the back.
When Joe owned the truck he had it ran through a very stiff plastic hose. It was just fine by me but our tech is really picky and didnt like how hard you had to pull on the cable to get it to shut down. After i went with the conduit and greased the cable it will slide right out. Not sure if its the best way but it works well for me.

057.jpg

056.jpg

052.jpg

050.jpg

Back