Kinda new guy from Oregon

cummins_4life

Custom Cummins
Hey guys, I've been on this site for maybe a few weeks now but I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Jeremy and I hail from Stayton Oregon. I'm not a complete noob to diesel. My dad had a good ol 6.5l turbo chevy 2500 that served us well for many years and which became my truck when I was 16. I drove it till the motor died right before college. I bought a 2001 cummins 24v several years later and loved it but I ended up selling it cuz I couldn't afford $5/gal diesel. Fast forward a few years and alot of research and I'm now in the process of putting a 12v in my 93 chevy that used to have the 6.5 in it. I'm tearing the motor down now and sending it off for P&P, fire rings, bore and hone etc. Once I get it back, I'm doing studs on top and bottom, S300,
custom ground cam, 5x12s, 60lb valve springs, 17*, BHAF, straight pipe, 4gsk, KDP, Tuned afc. I'm hooking it to an NV4500 with a valair kevlar/ceramic clutch. Tranny fully rebuilt with new mainshaft. I'm hoping I'll be around 425hp with this setup. So far, it's a fun project. I've got to completely paint the truck and pull a few dents. With a level and 3" body life to fit the motor and tranny, I'm puttin some 35's under it. I do plan on taking pictures and making a scrap book of the project cuz I'm sure once I'm done, I'll never want to do anything like this again.

Welcome from a fellow Oregonian! Yesterday I was driving my old K5 Blazer that has already had an engine swap (Pontiac 400), and a big section of the exhaust blew out (rusted out). As I was looking at the prices for a new exhaust I was daydreaming how cool it would be with a 12V in it, but for now I'll probably just fix the exhaust ;)

Welcome!! I just passed through Medford OR. about 20min ago, now Im at a service shop working on a my trailer in Yreka?? LOL

Welcome!! I just passed through Medford OR. about 20min ago, now Im at a service shop working on a my trailer in Yreka?? LOL

Yreka huh, must be headed south. I like it down there. It's nice country. I was just looking at the hellman products (since you put them in your sig) and was wondering why they don't advertise an intake manifold for the 12v's? just curious i guess

Back