Knoll gas motorsports park (us 131)

touch racing

PBR me ASAP
Knoll gas motorsports park (us 131) in Martin Mi. is now longer letting diesel run at their track because it gets the track dirty. For the past few years they have had a decent diesel bracket class but it always played second fiddle if something came up. Now they pull the plug with a crappy excuse!! Looks like I'll have to head to the Mid Michigan Motorplex.

Our local track frowns on Diesels due to the idea that the smoke puts fuel on the track.

Trust me, the gas hotrodders whine about everything.

Funny thing is, most the time when I see the track get wrecked, it's a 10 second big block trailer queen that hoses down the track.

You'd think they would ban those cars instead.

I was a Mike Knoll (Torco) fan up until I read this.

Yeah, we get the track dirtier than gassers, 'cuz more tq=more rubber on the track:hehe:

post up a phone number so that we may call with our opinions....:evil Like was said before its BS, and its not the diesels that oil down the track. Its just the gas guys knowing that our time has come and that there in trouble :rockwoot:

Contact info...
Somebody get the skinny on this. This track is like 15 min from my house. I see it lists No Diesel Drags at the fun n' grudge, but have they banned diesels all together?

If thats the case Jason Peterson needs a ripping.

Knoll Gas Motorsports Park

Physical Address:
US131 Motorsports Park
1249 12th Street
Martin, MI 49070

Phone: 269/672-7800
Fax: 269/672-9194

Jason Peterson- General Manager
Stephanie Peterson- Marketing & Public Relations Director
Dave Campbell - Concessions Manager
Harmony Post - Office Manager & Advance Ticket Sales

Last time I ran at our NHRA track in Medicine Hat, I was asked by the Track Boss to NOT use the rubber laiden track where the gas cars were, because I was tearing up the rubber already laid down by them.
I did as he asked of me, and it was my fastest 0-60'.
I don't want us Diesel Racers to be banned from any track, and will try to do my best to keep the track officials happy.

***On a side note, when I was in Edmonton for the NADP AAB, one of the first 4x4 trucks to run there shook so hard off the line, all the mud he had underneath his truck, spilled onto the track. I think he should have been sent home, cuz the track guys just SWEPT it off the track.
Now picture dried up dirt lumps busting all over the first 60 feet of track, and then getting swept off, but it is getting STUCK to all the track byte...A little slippery after?..I would think so. YES, the TECH inspections should have caught it, but, the racer himself should have cleaned his truck first before even thinking of bringing it to the track. JMO***

Dirt falling out at the track is on the same line of bringing it someone to get it worked on dirty as hell..... clean your truck or go home, it make the rest of us "farm truck" racers look bad. *bdh* Seen a gas truck drop dirt and grass off the line once....:doh:

FYI.. Just spoke with Harmony at the track. Diesels are still welcome, but due to the low turnout the Friday night diesel series they were running is canceled.
She was nice about the whole thing. She said if the dirt was an issue, they'd have to kill half the cars that pit in the grass too.

Thankfully this is the case. I know some area diesel people have other issues with the track, but we are still welcome to go run. :rockwoot:

To clarify:
You can still test and tune/ Grudge on friday nights, or run other track classes that your truck fits but the diesel specific series is no more.

Like toolman said, it is our responsibility to be good stewards of diesel drag racing. Clean em up before you run. We don't need to give tracks any reason to single us out.

That's good news, Jason Peterson is a dieselhead, so that didn't sound right at all.
I'm glad you gave the track a call AE, saved me a trip up there, although I'm due for a visit to the Amish-barrio.

Back