KSB?

trupster415

cummins 4runner
On my non ic 12v in my chevy I do not have a wire going to my ksb. Is this ok?

You are fine, as the KSB is for cold weather start up. You might want to hook one up to a toggle switch in the dash, as you gain 17hp when the KSB has power to it, but don't run it too long or you will burn it out.

You need to figure out what year 1st gen engine.

- The first 1st gen (NON IC, '89 ~ '91.5)) had a KSB solenoid that requires a constant 12vdc once the engine is up to normal operating temp. It is de-energized when the engine is cold.
- The later 1st gen (w/IC, '91.5 ~ '93) had a KSB solenoid that only gets 12vdc when the engine is cold, and once the engine is up to normal operating temp, it is de-energized.

Unless I'm sadly mistaken.

BC is correct. The non cooled motors need a switched hot when running. If its unplugged it is in the advanced position all the time which is hard on the pump.

BC is correct. The non cooled motors need a switched hot when running. If its unplugged it is in the advanced position all the time which is hard on the pump.

Mine is the factory non I/c. I have never had it hooked up. Is this why it runs hot pulling a long grade? My radiator is bigger then stock

I don't think its causing an overheat issue, but I would get it powered so it makes the pump happy. It causes a restriction in the pump which advances the timing, but over time makes the ip hot, and adds pressures to the O rings which could cause some leaks.