lack of fuel.

fearthedeere6.7

Im working on my friends 92-93 i put a new lift pump, 3200gov spring, 14cm housing and a ground fuel pin on it. went for a drive today and ive got the full fuel screw bottomed out. It runs ok but on my 92 5sp i had the same mods and it ran so much better. It was tuned by a local guy before me. I know when i did my truck about a turn and it ran a way. Im confused. I dont know whats going on.

Got any gauges? If so, whats the #'s?

Also, each VE pump is different. MY old 93 smoked and ripped. This current one need new injectors to get the same "feel"...

Check the boots and intercooler for leaks. Only 25lbs and 1300 on the pyro with stock sticks i low/high... To put it into perspective, I had pretty the same except the housing was 18cm on my old truck. It was also a 5 spd. The only time it hit 1200* was pulling a 12k lbs trailer going from 35-65 in 4th gear. Boost was 30lbs.

This truck, I can hit 28lbs with the loose converter and 1300* by 75 in D, no O/D. It has the mods in the sig.

Time for big injectors!

Maybe an electric or piston lift pump first though. See if that helps. Ive heard of people gaining boost and losing EGTs when they have the right fuel pressure (even with stock sticks) and it makes sense with a VE pump.

idk might just be a weaker ve pump. I put "40hp" sticks in. and it deffenitly runs better than stock. theres just no smoke after the turbo lights which is good but with stock sticks on my 5sp i couldnt clear up just pump work with a 60mm hx40. must be a bad little h1c. I might try and convince him to get a different lift pump. I just put a stock replacement on.