Laminated Flex Plate

Laminated flex plate

I've run one for over 3 years with NO mishap. I'm sure at one time my truck was just over 800hp on #2. I would have felt confident if I had thrown some nos at it that the flex plate would NOT have been the weak link should something have come apart.

IMO, the key word is FLEX. Your rigid versions like many sell have zero forgiveness. It is the old bend but don't break theory. Mine has been in and out on several occasions over the past three years and it is as good as when it was put in. I assume you are referring to Suncoast's Laminated Flex Plate? Money well spent IMO.

Thanks OT-OF-HERE for the response. I was referring to goerends flex plate. Is his the same as suncoast, its just a factory one with the center doubled up and tig welded. I have it already, but I've been wondering if I should change it or not. Thanks

Flex Plate

Thanks OT-OF-HERE for the response. I was referring to goerends flex plate. Is his the same as suncoast, its just a factory one with the center doubled up and tig welded. I have it already, but I've been wondering if I should change it or not. Thanks

I believe I have read that Goerend uses the Suncoast Flex Plate. That alone should tell you something. Goerend is known for quality.

I have seen them handle some stupid HP in prostreet trucks.

Is his the same as suncoast, its just a factory one with the center doubled up and tig welded.

That's pretty much all a laminated place is.

Nothing against Suncoast as I've had one but, I've found nothing wrong with a billet plate either. I've ran a ATS for a couple years now with many 1/4 passes and road miles without issue. I've yet to see anyone with trouble from using a billet plate either. I have seen laminated plates with the center ripped out though.

That's pretty much all a laminated place is.

Nothing against Suncoast as I've had one but, I've found nothing wrong with a billet plate either. I've ran a ATS for a couple years now with many 1/4 passes and road miles without issue. I've yet to see anyone with trouble from using a billet plate either. I have seen laminated plates with the center ripped out though.

I was just wondering because the most I might see out of my truck is maybe 500hp one day.