Lazersmith Sled Bars...

Red_Rattler

High Tech Redneck
Who's used them, saw them, touched them anything like that? Interested in them, just wondering the pros and cons of them from someone that's actually used them. I'm just curious why they step down so many times to get to the heim joint vs just using a bigger joint to maintain tube size?

i was looking at them before i built mine, kinda pricey but look well made. i built mine out of cat1 link bars.

Yea but I also priced how I want to built mine with material and joints and with free shipping on his it was a wash... So that's why I'm weighing my options.

I've known 4 or 5 guys that had them on their trucks. Bgbldodge had them on his I believe.

They step so much because he did his homework. The mode of failure for this type of bar because it is considered slender is compressional buckling. Bigger joints are not needed....a larger diameter cross-section at midspan is!

id say if you can, build your own. nothing against lazar.

I have them on my truck. Hell of a bar, and no complaints. I put a few thousand miles on the street with them too and it was night and day difference from no bars to his. Id reccomend them for shure if you dont want to build your own.

Well I'm all for building my own set but the price of what I was going to have when I was done plus time... It's dead even

What rod ends were you plan on using? DOM is expensive but even at $20/foot and some expensive Ballistic fab ends you should be able to make a set and save some coin. Those bars look killer though.

DOM is a waste of money for a compression strut IMH Engineering O...SA-53 at 2 bucks a foot in 1.5 or 2 inch sch40 has worked great for quad digit hp for 100k's of miles. ;)

Yes very true but my setup was alil on the overkill side with 2.5 od .5 wall 1.5 id using some large heims... Tensile strength of 80000psi and yield at 60000psi couldn't find compressive strength...

Last edited:
That's the whole point...sectional properties dictate the point of buckling...a 4x4 select timber is almost as strong in compression as that tube.

Back