Lb7 conversion to a Lbz

95dodgeram33

cumminsfan
Hi everyone I've been doing a lot of searching on here and other forums about the swap I have an 04 lb7 with a 6 speed manual and I have injector problems I have a donor Lbz truck and I'd like to swap heads injectors intake and turbo and just been read about how you can't run the Allison 5 speed that you have to put the 6 speed but I haven't read much about the manual just curious on everything I'd have to do or would I be better off just replacing the injectors

Thanks guys
Vince

So is your goal to keep the zf6? Talk to one of the EFI tuners, they should be able to come up with something so you can mate manual to an LBZ. Whether or not you would just be better off replacing injectors is up to you. Swapping everything to from the LBZ is going to take some time and coin to do it right. You could sell off the LBZ engine and that should more than pay for a new set of injectors.

The LBZ swap into an 04 would be ok. Besides the cluster, pedal/harness assembly and everything underhood, you'd need a new flywheel, as IIRC the LB7 one isnt the same balance as the LBZ would need. Your tuning would also have to be custom, as I do not think the LBZ had the ZF as an option.

Your best bet is to contact RPM Motorsports (Russ), a member here. He has done many, many of these custom swaps and knows just about everything about them.

So is your goal to keep the zf6? Talk to one of the EFI tuners, they should be able to come up with something so you can mate manual to an LBZ. Whether or not you would just be better off replacing injectors is up to you. Swapping everything to from the LBZ is going to take some time and coin to do it right. You could sell off the LBZ engine and that should more than pay for a new set of injectors.

Yes I want to keep it a zf6 truck and I figure it will take some $$$$$ to do it but I'm thinking it might be worth it after time of not having to replace injectors on the truck anymore