LB7 Engine Help please

Tony R

New Build is For Sale.
I'm helping a friend do a complete stock rebuild on a 02 lb7.I have a few questions on the rebuild process. Are any of the main bolts, rod bolts and head bolts torque to yeild? I also need to know what is the maximum size to the stock bore? This motor has set for a few years and we want to completley go thru it to make sure it's right. When I take it to the machine shop, I'd like to have them finish hone it and just install new rings if a overbore is not needed. Also I need a reputable fuel injection shop to go thru a cp3 pump and 8 injectors. Thanks guys Tony

Thank You, that saves us some money from buying the factory service manuals. I almost got it apart and hope to have the block at the machine shop by mid next week.

.040" is the max if memory serves on the block. .020" is pretty normal to clean up pitting or damage from a failure. I believe the head gasket size is the limit but don't quote me. The blocks are very tough and don't need much for clean up.

Main and head bolts are TTY. You should buy new.

Exergy is a good place to have injectors tested. Not sure if they test CP3s.

I'm assuming the rod bolts are too? The bores on the left bank look great. I believe I can just have a re hone done at the machine shop.