LBZ with s400

92fordcummins

How has done this and do you have pictures. Im in the middle of helping a friend doing this and we have some questions about fitment?
Thanks

Attached is a pic of a Garrett GT42 installed on my 07' LBZ. EGR has been removed - aftermarket downpipe - used an ATS pedistal & intake to start out with. The ATS pedistal needed an adapter (T3-T4) so the turbo sat higher than I had expected.

I eventually switched to a tubular T4 pedistal and upgraded the driver's side boost tube.

Attachments

• myengine.jpg
    myengine.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 154
also have to modify the oil drain...and run a hydraulic hose of your choice for the oil supply. The v-band assembly from ats is nice for compressor discharge. Believe it is a 4 inch piece with o-ring. Comes with new boot and clamps.

The compressor cover is close to hitting the air intake heater or something around there. I know the k-31 based charger fits with some finess.

JJ Smith

The ATS air intake tube comes from their A5k turbo kit and it clears the cast intake runner/air intake heater grid. I have since removed the AC system which cleaned up the top of the motor.

OT - Engine build is complete and the new motor is in and running strong. It is nice to finally have some timing back in my fuel tunes. I switched to a new converter design that is giving some problems with lock-up. Going to put my trusty old Georend converter back in to get me back on the road for TS. The other converter will get re-worked. I also treated her to a little spray (yet to be tested)...

Well we got it started the saturday of TS at 1am. Just to recap this the ats intake tube will work if the spacer from the ppe pedestal is mounted to tilt the turbo to the drivers side. We got a very nice oil drain that utilizes an lines and fittings and the fact that ppe doesn't have any instructions of any kind is awful!
Thanks for all of your help Im going to try to get some pics up tomorrow.

I kinda forgot about this thread but on agood note we took it to the track last night and it ran a 7.63 the previous best with the vgt was a 8.24.
Sony1011.jpg