LC DV's?

97' CTD

FeFiFo-FoFeFeFi
Thank all of you who posted in my injector thread and help me select the proper injector now I call on all of you to help me with my DV delimma. I have 215 pump 4GSK,AFC Spring,#5,181DV's. I wondered if I went to LC's I would be able to clear the smoke some(I dont want to put the fire out W/too much fuel) with a SB66 and some adjustments. It will be driven daily but sled pulled and played with too. What is you guy's take on DV's all thoughts and opinions welcome! I have some other goodies to make this 12 Valver flow some air too. :evil
Brandon

I know I'm not a professional by any means, but I ran LCs with the setup I have with a HX40 and it never smoked unless I wanted it to. But I feel like it was too much fuel, it seemed like it would put the fire out if that makes any sense. I switched to 191s and like them better, a little better mpg (about .5mpg), lot less smoke on the top end, but still able to close down the neighborhood with smoke on the low end. From what I've read you don't really need to upgrade DVs; tuning, pump, injectors, and airflow are the big things obviously to make the power. Just my .02.
Ryan

Smokem said:
My opinion may be biased, but for a street driven truck laser cut delivery valves should not even be considered. This was also Harry @ Pier's opinion, they retain no fuel control. I would however offer this theory, delivery valve upgrades are very common in the aftermarket scene but the delivery valve holder is often a much larger restriction than the delivery valve itself. I do not see the reason for increasing flow or output of the injection pump while still retaining the same size orifice.

So what do you do about it? I was told the modified holders would give you a lope and not quite recommended for the street. Do you think they could be run on the street?

I had lc dv's in the lil red just pulled them out this week went to 181's trying to slow the truck down, went from 11.22 to 11.79 the good thing is the truck runs almost smoke free after 1st and the finish line I could look in the mirror and see the burn out box with just a litte haze around the lights

I ran LC's in my truck for a little while. The SOP meter said LC's were better, but the 191's seem to be the ticket for drivability for a minor sacrifice in power. That was with a built 215 pump, DDP4's 18* timing and a SPS62.

97' CTD said:
Thank all of you who posted in my injector thread and help me select the proper injector now I call on all of you to help me with my DV delimma. I have 215 pump 4GSK,AFC Spring,#5,181DV's. I wondered if I went to LC's I would be able to clear the smoke some(I dont want to put the fire out W/too much fuel) with a SB66 and some adjustments. It will be driven daily but sled pulled and played with too. What is you guy's take on DV's all thoughts and opinions welcome! I have some other goodies to make this 12 Valver flow some air too. :evil
Brandon
do you have your afc moded for max travel?

Cummins Express said:
I had lc dv's in the lil red just pulled them out this week went to 181's trying to slow the truck down, went from 11.22 to 11.79 the good thing is the truck runs almost smoke free after 1st and the finish line I could look in the mirror and see the burn out box with just a litte haze around the lights

Cool!

I know I ran Laser Cuts's with stock 175 stick in my 95, and with the twins at 60psi the smoke wouldn't even start to clear. They made good power (would have done more with more boost and some timing, it was around 13*) and drove nice, but they did smoke, nothing you couldn't drive around!

Chris

No need to worry about smoke from LC's when I just installed the
OL' DRAGON FLOWS :evil
Brandon