LC's back to 181 or 191?

WideOpenThrottl

Currently I am running LC's with my honed 370's from industrial inj. I would like to go back to 181's, but I am wondering if I will run into the stutter problem at certian rpm's that some people run into with 370's? If that is the case maybe 191's would be a better choice? Anybody know where to get 181's? Several places sell 191's.
THanks for any help.
Tim.

no problem here I went back with 181. I may still try a set of 191 but will never go back to the laser cuts

I went from LC to 191's, but I was running DDP4's. Lost a little power by the SOP-meter, but not that bad.

Not really. EGT's were't really a problem the way I had it set up. I just had a really obnoxios idle with the LC's in. It wasn't worth the little bit of power they gained me.

with the laser cut egt was pegged at 1600* in the 1/4 with the 181 I could not brake 1200* in the 1/4 and times were the same

How was your idle with the LC's? With no load (just sitting in park) my idle was smooth. But sitting in drive or reverse with the brake on it was nasty.

WideOpenThrottl said:
Currently I am running LC's with my honed 370's from industrial inj. I would like to go back to 181's, but I am wondering if I will run into the stutter problem at certian rpm's that some people run into with 370's? If that is the case maybe 191's would be a better choice? Anybody know where to get 181's? Several places sell 191's.
THanks for any help.
Tim.

Having run both

i havent had trouble with the 181s in the truck, laser cuts are too much smoke, im tossin in the 181s soon and might sell my laser cuts....

rick

txdiesel007,
you have a very similar set up rig to mine, you run dragon flys? what hp level? I have Ind. Inj. honed 370's that are supposed to be about 150hp, and the laser cuts are just too much.

I really like the SOP feel of my full cuts but I might drop down to the .22s well see after I move. I might jst be looking for a little mpg since I might have to be paying for my fuel from now on.

WideOpenThrottl said:
txdiesel007,
you have a very similar set up rig to mine, you run dragon flys? what hp level? I have Ind. Inj. honed 370's that are supposed to be about 150hp, and the laser cuts are just too much.

U have a PM..

laser cuts are worthless for the dragonflys im goin back to 181s and gonna do some tuning..

Rick

Cummins Express said:
with the laser cut egt was pegged at 1600* in the 1/4 with the 181 I could not brake 1200* in the 1/4 and times were the same

Late fuel! I you were running N2O or big timing the power gain would be there!

Jim

I havent run the LCs but I went from 181s to 191s and there was a huge differance. Lots more smoke, heat and power.

WideOpenThrottl said:
Would you like to sell the 181's?

I'd rather trade, so I could replace them without the wife getting to upset with me. But if you want to make an offer on them I will consider it.