leaking exhaust manifold

smoken250

why is it my f250 with 12,000 miles on it has oil leaking from the exhaust manifold? 2006 model

Its not leaking from the manifold. It's either from the valve cover gasket or the glow plug o-ring.

Well its coming out from where the manifold gasket is??? It is coming from the drivers side at the end closest to the driver and leaking down. Looked like oil to me.

Soot water. They will burble moisture and the soot. Is there a gasket or is it manifold to head. They come manifold to head. If you seperate the manifold then you are supposed to put the gasket in there.

ok well if there is no gasket then I bet it not the manifold either. Thanks Doug. I didnt know they came manifold to head. Is this a big problem? I hate going to the dealership. But it's under warranty.

Soot water. They will burble moisture and the soot. Is there a gasket or is it manifold to head. They come manifold to head. If you seperate the manifold then you are supposed to put the gasket in there.

Mine does that also and I want to put gaskets on them. Is there any reason they don't come with them, and any problems with using the gaskets?

No problems with using them. They just space the manifold down but the flex joints in the pipes will take care of that.

i put gaskets on mine. got them from the dealer. when i did that i gasket matched the manifolds.

i may do it if it gets worse. I checked its not coming from above the manifold. I can find anything else leaking except that spot.

Back