leaking oil

TEICHIN641

my truck is leeking oil on the top of the engine somewhere, not sure where, but the stealership replaced the hpop fittings 20k ago, i am out of the waranty, after cleaning the engine off, it seams to be coming ftom the front of the engine, fills up the valley, and when i park runs down and drips off of the torque converter inspection cover, it looks to me to be the gasket between the hpop and the block, not sure though, it is a pain in the ass to find out where it is leaking, any sugestions where else to look *bdh*

i have been fighting oil leaks on my truck for a while now but got them all finished last week. had to do many different things to fix them all. its a challenge. the best thing to do is keep up on the cleaning of the engine and checking it even more. itll show up.

had to do hpop lines, fittings on hpop, resealed fitting on heads, resealed dipstick. resealed turbo and then the pedestal. did valve cover gaskets as well. finally, no leaks. took many tries. between pure diesel power and dfuser, i was able to get pretty much everything i needed except dipstick and hpop lines.

every time i fixed one leak, another one would show up. truthfully, i think the dealer caused some of them so they could fix them.... but since they wouldnt warranty any of it, i got to fix them all. one by one.

I would bet the fitting on the underneath/driver side of the hpop, it has a oring and will leak alot of times.

bdp said:
I would bet the fitting on the underneath/driver side of the hpop, it has a oring and will leak alot of times.

just checked the ferry plug, it was loose got about 1 full turn out of it before it was tight:bang