legal pullin hitch

oil-burner

is this a legal "REESE" style pullin hitch ?

scot

Attachments

• big.JPG
    big.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 263
it was at a local pull on saturday night, it was a 3500 dually, the bed was empty, and it was saggin...

scot

That certainly doesn't look like it would conform to the new regs calling for 3.5 inch diameter. . . I got my truck pulling hitch from a buddy that does meet the 3.5 requirement and is one piece. It's better than the hide-a-hitch welded type.

Technically it should be legal as long as the opening is parallel with the ground. I dont think the rules state that the opening cant be bigger than 3.75 inches.... If not though, I'd drive around with it hanging on my truck!

seen a guy at a truck show once with a giant tug boat clevis.......it was about 2 feet long and 15 inches wide, probably weighed about 250 pounds or better.......

That certainly doesn't look like it would conform to the new regs calling for 3.5 inch diameter. . . I got my truck pulling hitch from a buddy that does meet the 3.5 requirement and is one piece. It's better than the hide-a-hitch welded type.

The rule is 3.75 for what its worth. Maybe you could just pay for advertising instead of plugging threads.

3.75 is a minimum so you can go bigger on the size of the whole but it doesn't meet this:

"The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all
directions."

BBD

Back