lets have it the texas results?

cyclone

cyclone diesel
well i was busy saturday 1st I rode my bike, then mowed the lawn and watched some of the nascar race

what did i miss was the crowd huge or what?

anyone make it into the 6's?

did more that 100 people even show up?

The nascar race was a blast 2008 infield party beer pong champion LOL reining title from thursday to sunday. From the looks of it not alot of people showed up I talked to a few guys friday night and it was said it was going to be dead so i didnt bother going.

I was actually suprised on the amount of people that showed up. The weather was fantastic. Lots of local trucks I think around 40 trucks raced & around 400 spec maybe more. Dont quot me on that. No block buster but considering all things it was a good event. The results are posted on the DHRA web site. I always enjoy racing in Texas it was worth the drive. Scott S.

I got this email from Micah ;)

Season Opener a Success despite High Fuel Prices

“Fuel Prices, what stinkin’ fuel prices”? Those were the words of close to 50 racers who ventured to the Texas Motorplex from as far away as Indiana and Missouri for the Diesel Hot Rod Association season opener.
Upon their arrival competitors were treated to a day of fun, food, beverages, plenty of DHRA drag racing and purse money.

“Did I forget to mention, Sun!”?
With the temperature in the 70’s and the all concrete Motorplex track in great condition, it came down to an all Dodge “Quick Diesel” final where Taylor Cox of Midland, TX was the winner in his “Hosses Diesel Performance” 5.9L Cummins when Travis Kiehe of Leander, TX in his 5.9L Cummins “Knock Out Diesel”, broke out with a 12.959 on a 13.0 index. Meanwhile Taylor was laying down a 13.319 at 99.16MPH to take the win.

2007 DHRA Pro StreetChampion Chris Calkins in his 1970 Orange Crush Chevrolet was uncontested as he picked up the $2,000.00 Pro Street winner’s check with a 10.70 at 137.02MPH.

It was a 2003 Chevrolet 6.6L Duramax Diesel that won in ET Bracket when truck owner Colt Carter used a quicker reaction time, .152 to a losing .206 to outrun Cory Broderick in his 2000 Dodge 5.9L Cummins. Colt ran a 15.137 at 84.31MPH to a losing 15.014 at 88.90MPH to take home the trophy.

Colt also took home a water injection system valued at $700.00 that was awarded by Painless Performance of Fort Worth, Texas.

Royal Purple Oil of Houston, Texas awarded each class winner a case of their 15w40 Royal Purple Synthetic Oil. Also, Hatch Gloves of Temecula, California will be sending a pair of their newly released “mechanic gloves” to each winner.

Larry Knight, President of the DHRA commented “with both NASCAR and a Motor Cross in Dallas, the IHRA and the NCAA men’s basketball finals in San Antonio, it was a good showing and a great start to the 2008 DieselPower! Additives Drag Racing season”.

I was actually suprised on the amount of people that showed up. The weather was fantastic. Lots of local trucks I think around 40 trucks raced & around 400 spec maybe more. Dont quot me on that. No block buster but considering all things it was a good event. The results are posted on the DHRA web site. I always enjoy racing in Texas it was worth the drive. Scott S.

Scott, Your truck runs sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!! :clap::ft::clap:

Wow only about 400 people. Looks like the DHRA didnt have much of a showing.

Wow only about 400 people. Looks like the DHRA didnt have much of a showing.

This was the first time it was held at this venue in Ennis plus like the email said, other things was going on in the area.

I think it was a really good turn out for the first event! :Cheer:

there was ALOT going on in Texas that weekend....

Mud Nationals.....16,000+ in attendance on 4wheelers....modded diesels out the ass there too. I was there and saw some diesel faces from around the state

Chilifest in Snook, Tx....draws a very large crowd every year, some diesel heads were there

Sled Pull in Priddy, Tx......thats where all the sled pullin crowd was.

and ofcourse Nascar in Ft. Worth, not too terribly far from Ennis.

I might have bet 10 trucks to show up considering the other events across the state.

The nascar race wasn't to shabby if i must say so myself I was in no shape to drive much less walk if that is any indication as to how the infield party was.

wow 13 trucks is all that raced?

9 in ET bracket
3 in Quick
1 in Pro street

Yea, but probably 50 trucks total doing time trials, kinda odd..... but not unlike many first races I have been to...

Still had a blast! :D

Back