lets take a bet!!!!!!!!!!!

georgiadiesel

I'm not really sure
Alright here we go again..Blowing coolant today..I am not going to even mess with it till saturday.Lets all right in here and tell me what you think before i even look at.I love this truck,I have done alot to it,but im tired of pulling this thing apart.By the way arp's already in there.What do you think?*bdh*

I have had this thing apart 3 times alredy,in 4 years.who is willing to place a bet??????????????

oil cooler but im not betting. maybe headgaskets. im putting arp's in my truck this week. call bill hewitt in georgia he'll fix ya up. i called him this morning.

I want to know what you were doing 15 to 30 minutes before the problem. I always here the "It's a piece of **** story" and then find out what sort of crazyness was going on 15 minutes before you blamed the truck.

Well I think I truely beat the crap out of my truck and you need to know that that would tear any truck apart. You may have an oil cooler problem if you already did gaskets and studs. I had puking issues for a while before the beast roared it's ugly head and the oil cooler went pop. Once I fixed it the ouking went away. You could also try switching mechanics.

Well I think I truely beat the crap out of my truck and you need to know that that would tear any truck apart. You may have an oil cooler problem if you already did gaskets and studs. I had puking issues for a while before the beast roared it's ugly head and the oil cooler went pop. Once I fixed it the ouking went away. You could also try switching mechanics.

first off i am the mechanic i have done all the work to it myself.Egr cooler,oil cooler and new studs less than 11,000 miles ago.Like i said this is not my first rodeo.Doug this is my daily driver i just left my shop and drove 10 miles to the bank to deposit some checks,no horse playing involved.The egr cooler has also been blocked off.I will tear into saturday to see what the problem is.I am still wating,and still taking bets!!!!!!!!:thankyou2:

as for the mods just studs airdog 150 a lil tuning from eric other than that stock this is daily driver/shop truck.. My toy is my dmax! Still looking for a good bet on what this is!!!!!!!!!!

My bet is for head gaskets......proven problem....ask ford motor company and the warranty department*bdh*

One of my 6.0L trucks has never blown a drop of coolant. It is completely stock with the normal bolt on's and some spray, runs 12.6 in the 1/4 all day long.

I recently installed ARP studs, EGR Cooler delete, fuel system, and small injectors. It run's consistant 12.2's on a single shot and doesn't blow a drop of coolant on a full pass. With 2 stages it runs very strong, but no track times since I don't want to break the stock trans.

That being said, when I'm on the street either pulling a trailer or running hard, it'll spray coolant everytime. Never did this with stock bolts. Just enough to leave residue around the cap and intake area. As the weather has cooled down, I don't notice any coolant now. When the trucks get warm, they can build pressure and spray.

Like Doug said, it probably just got warm. Most likely you have no problem at all.

A little coolant is defiinitely not the sign of a major issue. The problem is, it can be a sign, if you are losing a lot.

Mine would blow out a fine mist more than a full blown puke after all my mods....but only when it was hotter than hell....like the one time I ran it around 5 miles at 140+ mph and 1600+ EGT's......or the 5500 rpm burnout that led to a thrown rod. LOL

Where is the coolant level in the Degas Bottle. I run mine at the bottom of the bottle, and I haven't puked in years. Not a drop.

Where is the coolant level in the Degas Bottle. I run mine at the bottom of the bottle, and I haven't puked in years. Not a drop.

coolant is at the same spot is has been since last year at this time when i replaced everything.It just started doing this yesterday morning.:thankyou2:

HMMMM, that's weird. My truck has never been a puker, and it has seen some hard days.

My truck never puked, but just about when the oil and EGR cooler took a dump, the fan would come on when the AC was on or pulling about 8k.

Tyler and I were talking. Were wondering why we read so many trucks with issues. Then we looked at the temperature. Its 0 here and plus 84 in the southern states. I tow all the time up here and never get above 210 coolant temp and 210 oil temp. I installed an external oil cooler and now my oil temp stays around 190 on a hard pull in the hills. I guess what I'm tryin to say is we don't see the problems as much up here cause we don't have the heat you guys do. Like doug and others said. Leave your foot to the floor for 5 plus minutes and she will puke from heat. See if you can duplicate the problem and go from there. Good luck

Mine never puked untel studs were instaled, but the 205 inj were put in at the same time, honestly these trucks are never the same once thier torn apart, im a strict believer that when bigger injectors are installed that is when puking problems start, not just the rise in EGT's but how fast the rise in temp is, when i role into it @ about 70-100 3/4 throttle my EGT's will climb from 900-1500 in a matter of about 5 sec tops, it's not a gradual climb in temps it is a skyRocket

032.jpg

031.jpg

044.jpg

According to my dealer it's only the water pump. Also has oil in coolant, oil on dipstick is watery and smells like coolant. Threw two egr codes and cylinder pressure imbalance on #8. But it's only the water pump lmao.

Back