Lets talk about Cummins CR injectors

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Whats differents between 03-04 Cummins and '04.5 and up injector?

I knew the '04.5 (325hp) injector will fit to '03 (250hp) engine and it will start but, no power.

Is the difference : multi injection versus mono injection ?

Dynomite diesel sells nozzles for CR injector.

How easy is to chane them and how you can test after changing nozzles?

Information about CR injectors are welcome !!:pop:

How can they interchange and not have any power? Or are you saying that they don't add any power over the factory 03 injectors?

BgBlDodge said:
How can they interchange and not have any power? Or are you saying that they don't add any power over the factory 03 injectors?
After injector swap I lost power, 250 hp engine feels more like 150 hp .

Injectors add lots of smoke , but you will loose power -> i think over fueling.

Engine sound was nice, like smooth V8 gas enigne .

aren't the injection cycles different? the loss of power seems pretty obvious.

I thought there were 2 injections per cycle on the 03-04 and 3 on the 04.5+ because of emissions. That's why mileage went down and heat went up.

Are the injectors controlling the number of injection events or is the ECM controlling that?

maybe the electrical current needed to operate the injector's changes from 03-04 to 04.5+, hence idle's ok, but falls on it's face when rolling.

????

I know someone tried to get rid of the 3 injection on the 04.5+ trucks cause enough of us B####ed about it. But it didn't do ANY good.

Number of holes 8 VS. 5 , number of cycles, and most importantly the spray pattern is wrong . I would pull the 5 holes out asap....unless you want to replace a couple of slugs.