Leveling Kit Options

DeepDish

I'd like to do a leveling kit on my 2007 5.9L ... I want to put 35's on the stock wheels.

What do you guys suggest for the leveling kits? Any specific brand? I was on eBay looking around and noticed some kits come with new shocks.

Just looking to be pointed in the right direction.

Thank you! :ft:

I had a Hell Bent Steel kit on my truck when I was running 35s

I have spacers ill sell you! I bought them, put them on, and took them off. Kind of a pain but it would be a lot easier if you have a spring compressor. I ran 35s and it barely rubbed but my rims arent stock spacing... stupid PO!

I'm more worried about the steering components. Will 35's put more stress on them?

I see some leveling kits offer shocks to go with them. The Carli kit looks great but GOD DAMN, $800 for a leveling kit!

If ride quality isnt a concern go with spacers, if you want an improved ride look at carli, Thuren or Lorenz Industries leveling springs. Throw on some Bilstein 5100 shocks and youre good to go. I have the Lorenz spring/5100's and its a big improvement over stock.

If ride quality isnt a concern go with spacers, if you want an improved ride look at carli, Thuren or Lorenz Industries leveling springs. Throw on some Bilstein 5100 shocks and youre good to go. I have the Lorenz spring/5100's and its a big improvement over stock.

Ok, thank you. The Carli kit is $800 what do the other kits run?

True, the level spacers work and a very cost effective

However, swapping those stiff stock coils out for some taller coils with some 5100 shocks will give a great ride

Carli gets my recommendation. Great people to do business with. The springs and 5100 series Bilstein's make a night and day difference in ride quality. I installed their kit on my dad's '06 along with their adjustable track bar and it's perfect clearance for 35s on wheels with 5.75" backspacing. No rubbing at all. The kit is actually a 3" lift but settles to about 2.5-2.75" with the weight of the big C under the hood. The front end maybe sits 1/4" taller than the rear but looks right on the bubble, level.

Last edited:
I have a kore.. Felt great after installed. Now it just seems stiff, maybe it's just me.

Sent from my fancy thinking box

As has been said...Carli, Thuren, or Lorenz for great ride and mild offroading. Carli or Thuren for real offroad.

--Eric

I got the carli backcountry kit on my 07. I love it. Did a 6" Radius arm with pintop 2.5 shocks on a 2010 last month, that thing rides like a cadilac!!!

KORE leveling Kit, new springs, shocks and track bar bracket, have 35" toyos and barly rubs at full lock

I have a kore.. Felt great after installed. Now it just seems stiff, maybe it's just me.

Update: I removed my ranch hand bumper and installed a stock bumper. The ride is defiantly more plush. I think the added wait on the coils was taking the soft out of Kore's "progressive soft coils". Now it rides like a dream and the truck went up about an inch.

35's on stock rims with stock suspension will work fine. It will rub the lower control arm at full lock, but it's only enough to rub the paint off.

Back