leveling kit

roper88

I am looking for a leveling kit for my truck so I can fit 35's for better gas milage what kit should I choose. for a 4wd.

For the record, 35s should make your mileage worse man. But as far as a lift, get an Icon Vehicle Dynamics (used to be Donahoe Racing) kit. The best out there.

now y would 35's be worse yes more weight but with 4:10 not that much of a difference and the since the tire is larger I calculated it should lower my rpms by 300 but I do appreciate the advice!

I would just go with a fabtech 3.5" hanger kit..thats what I am running..it wont change your ride..(not saying that parts listed above will)

Sorry bout that roper. Didnt think about you having 4.10s. Sounds like a good idea then! Not that it wasnt in the first place. :rockwoot:

Appreciate it and I hope I didn't come across as an A## hole. I really appreciate all yalls feedback!!

Shoot me a PM or give me a ring at the shop (239) 337 5438

You have a lot of options depending on your desired height, ride quality, and budget. Everything from a cheap 2" mini-pack (have it in stock), up to a hanger system with new shocks, adjustable trac bar, etc.

Thanks for the reference Adam...do you run an adjustable bar on yours? (curious) I usually like them on anything 2.5" and up, from any given box kits' designed height.

you are welcome.

I don't run it on mine..I guess I probably should..but when I ordered my kit..years ago..I don't remember it being available. What are the pros and cons to running one or not running one?

Well, its tough to get the trac bar to line up with the mounts after you have lifted the truck 3" and not changed the mounts or bar at all.

Typically we have to turn the wheel (this pushes the body left or right over top of the leafsprings), and see if we can get the bar in place. Over 2" though it starts getting real tough to hook it up.

Transfer that difference in length during the install over to daily driving...that short bar is trying to pull the axle over to the drivers side naturally, and the springs are fighting to stay directly under the truck. You end up putting more strain than necessary on the leaf spring bushings, and this bind can (im not saying it is in your case) make the leafs harder to cycle like they should (ride quality).

This is why you see so many trucks around 8" crabwalking...because most of the box kits are designed for 6" kits and ran on both 4"s, and 8"s also...at that height, the leafsprings have a lot more distance from the axle to the frame, thus more room for swaying either way... so the short trac bar wins the battle, and pulls the axle over.

I can fully understand that..I know now that I need a adj. trac bar..LOL maybe thats why mine rides rough..I know he had a tuff time getting it back together..but I had no idea why..umm..now I know. Thanks..I will probably be hitting you up for that item too..I still need shocks..LOL

i have the skyjacker on mine, and it rides great and can fit 35's. I don't have the track bar either.